Arkansas Sports Betting – How To Bet On Sports Legally In AR in 2022
- Online Sports Betting Legally Available In AR Via Offshore Sportsbooks
- Local Arkansas Sports Betting Available Via In-Person Locations
- Domestic Mobile Sports Betting Apps Debuted In April 2022
Arkansas sports betting - and gambling as a whole - was previously restricted in Arkansas. However, the Natural State launched domestic sports betting on July 1st, 2019. Anyone 21 years of age or older can now legally bet on sports at local retail casinos, using a domestic Arkansas sports betting app, or online with offshore sportsbooks.
Here we will fill you in on the best routes for all legal sports betting in Arkansas and the laws pertaining to each platform, be it mobile, online, or in-person. Our focus covers the nuances of both Arkansas sports betting at local locations as well as Arkansas online sports betting options presented by state-regulated and offshore online sportsbooks and betting apps.
Top Online Sportsbooks For Arkansas Residents
We only recommend the most reputable legal online sportsbooks for players in the United States and can share these bookmakers without hesitation. They are among the best offshore sports betting sites legally accepting AR residents and are a vital part of the industry for millions of sports bettors. Learn more from our detailed online sportsbook reviews.
Is Bovada Legal In Arkansas?
Absolutely. Arkansas has legalized state-regulated sportsbooks, but their new gambling laws do not restrict or prohibit residents from enjoying online sports betting at a trusted online sportsbook such as Bovada, which is operating legally within the international sports betting industry and bases its operations out of Costa Rica.
Bovada Sportsbook #1 USA Betting Site
- Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1,000
- Operating From The Legal Jurisdiction Of Costa Rica
- Same Day Payouts with Bitcoin
- Options to Use Venmo, Paypal with Vouchers
- Also Offers Casino, Poker, and Horse Racing
- Wide Selection of Sports Coverage & Wagering Options
- Does Not Accept Players From NJ, NV, DE, NY, or MD
Betting on Football In Arkansas In 2022?
How To Bet On NFL Football in Arkansas
NFL betting in Arkansas can be legally accessed from a few different angles. Local sportsbooks will certainly offer strong coverage of general betting lines for the NFL season, playoffs, and Super Bowl. However, for an even more substantial range of NFL game lines, prop bets, live-betting, and advanced wagering options, the NFL betting sites you see listed on this page all stand out from the crowd, including offering their own NFL prop builders for a truly custom betting experience. They also all welcome bettors from AR.
How To Bet On College Football in Arkansas
College football in Arkansas has at times been included among elite programs across the country, so it is fair to say NCAAF football in AR carries a substantial fanbase. Betting on the Razorbacks or any other college football team is legally available through state-licensed sportsbooks as well as the respected NCAAF betting sites we've recommended on this page.
Is Sports Betting Legal In Arkansas in 2022?
Yes. State-licensed Arkansas sports betting was passed by a voter referendum in November of 2018. Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort was the first to begin accepting in-person wagers. In October 2019, the tribal Saracen Casino Resort also started accepting wagers, with the Southland Casino later following suit. In April of 2022, the state's first mobile sportsbook app began accepting wagers.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal In Arkansas in 2022?
Arkansas sports fans have multiple options for legally betting on sports online and via mobile betting apps:
- State Regulated Online and Mobile Sportsbooks (21 and Up)
- Legitimate Online Sportsbooks Operating Legally Offshore (18 and Up)
- Legitimate Mobile Sports Betting Apps Provided by Offshore Sportsbooks (18 and Up)
Arkansas state laws make no mention of placing bets with an offshore sportsbook or restrictions for offshore online gambling and is one of the many states that permit betting on sports through these international, web-based options. The legal sports betting sites listed below fall under the offshore category and are our top recommendation for Arkansas gamblers.
Arkansas Sports Betting Laws
AR voters in the state approved a ballot measure known as "Issue 4" during the 2018 midterm elections that legalized and authorized sports betting at four land-based casinos in Arkansas. The state-regulated sportsbooks launched on July 1, 2019.
In March of 2021, mobile sports betting in Arkansas launched with its first sportsbook app - Betly Arkansas.
Arkansas Sports Betting Bills
The Status of Arkansas Sports Betting Legislation for 2022
Though HB1942 never made it very far, killing efforts to legalize sports betting pools, 2022 saw the authorization and launch of mobile and online sports betting at the state level. There are no active bills relevant to sports betting.
To check the status of any new, previous, or current sports betting legislation for Arkansas or across the nation, visit our sports betting bill tracker.
AR Sports Betting Details
The following details are to be enforced by the Arkansas Racing Commission (ARC). The ARC will oversee the sports betting industry in the state, collect taxes, and issue operating licenses.
- Legal Sports Betting: In-state + offshore
- Minimum Sports Betting Age: 21+ domestic, 18+ offshore
- Land-Based: Four Locations
- Online: Doemstic, Offshore
- Mobile: Domestic, Offshore
- In-Play: Domestic, Offshore
- Eligible Operators: Oaklawn, Southland, Saracen, Betly Arkansas
- State Sportsbook Revenue: $975,984
- Commission: Arkansas Racing Commission
- Licensing Fee: $250,000 max.
- Tax Rate: 13%
- Tax-Funded: State general revenue, Racing Commission purses
Currently, the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, the Saracen Casino Resort, and the Southland Casino have licenses to offer domestic sports betting. Oaklawn is located in Hot Springs Arkansas, about an hour west of Little Rock.
They are probably most known for their horse racing but they have plans to build a $100 million expansion project with plans to incorporate sports betting into the existing racebook on the casino floor. The Saracen Casino Resort is a tribal venue in Pine Bluff, and Southland is in West Memphis.
Mobile sports betting is offered in Arkansas via their state-regulated sportsbook app by the name of Betly Arkansas and is available via Apple and Android devices to 21 and over gamblers.
All betting lines, odds, and props for all games, teams, and players across all college and professional sports are allowed at domestic venues and offshore sites.
- Local: High school athletics
- Local: eSports, entertainment betting
- No restrictions for offshore sportsbooks
Options for Legal Sports Betting in AR
Where Can I Bet On Sports In Arkansas?
- Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
- Saracen Casino Resort
- Southland Casino
- Betly Arkansas Mobile Sportsbook App
Where Can I Bet On Sports Online In Arkansas Without Breaking The Law?
Even though AR has established domestically regulated brick and mortar sportsbooks as well as sports betting applications, there are also a handful of legitimate offshore sportsbook sites that welcome Arkansas-based gamblers and are based outside of the United States.
- Is Bovada legal in Arkansas? Bovada is indeed able to legitimately accept bets from Arkansas bettors and is widely considered to be the #1 US-friendly offshore sportsbook in the business. Bovada operates legally out of the respected gambling jurisdiction of Costa Rica. Visit Bovada Now.
- Is MyBookie legal in Arkansas? Yes, MyBookie is licensed and regulated outside of the United States in Curacao and can legally accept bets from individuals in countries around the world, including Arkansas and across the US. Visit MyBookie Now.
- Is BetOnline legal in Arkansas? Bettors in Arkansas can place bets at BetOnline without fear of violating any type of state or federal gambling laws. BetOnline is another top-rated US-friendly sportsbook and is licensed by the government of Panama. Visit BetOnline Now.
- Is XBet legal in Arkansas? Owned and operated by the MyBookie network of online gambling sites, XBet is operating legally out of Curacao and is gaining momentum among US bettors with its secure, high-quality betting experience. Visit XBet Now.
- Is BetUS legal in Arkansas? BetUS is licensed in Curacao and is most definitely a legitimate online sportsbooks for US bettors. They have worked hard to turn their brand around under new management and have earned back their place at the table. Visit BetUS Now.
Best Arkansas Mobile Sports Betting Apps
The finest sports betting app available to Arkansas bettors is not found in an App Store. Mobile sports betting while standing within Arkansas state lines simply requires that gamblers be 18 or older for our recommended betting apps (or 21 and up for state-regulated apps), and have a web-ready smartphone or tablet handy.
All odds, lines, props, bonuses, and other perks offered at the AR-friendly desktop sportsbook site are ported to the mobile version using mobile-optimized Internet browsers like Safari, Google/Chrome, Opera, and others.
These web-based gambling apps just require a click on any sportsbook link we’ve included on this page to populate Apple and Android screens with betting odds from around the globe, all searchable with touch-button controls. You can learn more from our guide to mobile sports betting.
Best Arkansas Sportsbook Promo Codes for October, 2022
Before you even become a member with any legal Arkansas sports betting site that we recommend, you’ll notice sportsbook promo codes that promise extra cash just for signing up. These offers match a specific percentage of your deposit and are legit.
Like any promotion, there are terms and conditions, including wagering requirements. So be sure to read the whole offer before you claim one. Here are a few of our favorite sportsbook promo codes:
- Bovada Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use Bovada Bonus Code BVD1000
- MyBookie Sign Up Bonus: 100% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use MyBookie Promo Code MYB100
- BetUS Sign Up Bonus: 125% Deposit Match Up To $3,125 – Use BetUS Promo Code Join125
- Betonline Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 - Use Betonline Promo Code BOL1000
PRO TIP: If you really want to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to bonuses, then we recommend you fund your account using Bitcoin or one of the multiple altcoins accepted at the sportsbook you're betting at. You will get increased bonus cash, more reload bonus offers, and avoid any transaction fees that are associated with other options such as credit cards.
Anderson A. - Sports Bettor Since 2014
AR Online Sportsbooks: Offshore VS Local
Offshore AR Sports Betting
Domestic AR Sports Betting
How To Bet On Sports In Arkansas Online
We’ve already revealed our list of the best online AR sports betting sites for you to sign up with, but in order to place a wager, you will need to first create an account.
As long as you are 18 or older and standing inside of Arkansas, just grab a web-ready device and use it to click on any of the online sportsbooks we link to above.
- Press the join button at the top of any page inside online Arkansas sportsbook sites
- After entering the info required to create your account, submit and move on to the deposit page
- Before uploading funds to your account, think about opting for a sportsbook bonus that can add extra cash to your bankroll
- Now that you have some money to wager with, click on the sports or sportsbook section and then find the game you want to wager on inside convenient menus that divide up each league and sports type.
- Complete your bet slip and hit submit, and get ready to count your winnings!
PRO TIP: Sign up with more than one online sportsbook site in AR because it avoids limiting your options to only one set of betting odds.
Marcus W. - Sports Bettor Since 2011
Popular Sports to Bet on in Arkansas Right Now in October, 2022
This is a list of some popular sports that are currently in season, however, it is certainly not a listing of every sports category available to Arkansas residents to bet on. Our sports menu at the top provides more options, and the individual sportsbooks recommended above provide the most comprehensive look at your options.
Biggest Sports Betting Cities In Arkansas
Little Rock is the capital and most populated city in the state of AR. While there are no professional teams in Little Rock they are a sports town with a minor league baseball team (Arkansas Travelers), and the Little Rock Trojans (NCAA). Sports betting in Little Rock is often centered around the Arkansas Razorbacks out of nearby Fayetteville, but residents are free to wager on any team at an online sportsbook that services the US.
Arkansas Sports Teams To Bet On
College athletics are the reason for the season in Arkansas as there are two major universities that play ball in the SEC and Sun Belt Conferences. Both the University of Arkansas and Arkansas State University compete nationally in NCAA Football, basketball, and other major sports.
Betting on college football and NCAA Basketball for each and every regular season and playoff game can be found at our top AR sportsbook sites listed above. The best part is, these offshore Arkansas sportsbook sites can accept gamblers at 18, three years younger than domestic bookmakers in AR.
Legal CFP betting is even a part of the local picture because the Razorbacks play in the SEC which grants all teams involved a shot at a National Championship.
Arkansas Professional Sports Teams
Arkansas College Sports Teams
- Arkansas Razorbacks (NCAAF/NCAAB)
- Arkansas State Red Wolves (NCAAF/NCAAB)
Frequently Asked Questions About Arkansas Sports Betting
Nope. Since the state has legalized local sports betting, and offshore sports betting has never been prohibited in Arkansas, then you will not be violating any state or federal laws by participating in licensed sports betting.
There has been no mention of mobile betting in previous or current sports betting legislation in Arkansas. However, to bet from your smartphone or tablet, you can access any of our recommended sportsbooks through your mobile device's browser.
The betting apps provided by these brands are all web-based, mobile-optimized applications, so simply clicking on one of the sportsbook links provided on this page using a current mobile browser will take you to their betting app.
Local sportsbooks allow betting on any pro or college teams and prohibit betting on high school teams or esports teams.
Offshore sportsbooks allow betting on any professional, college, or amateur adult teams around the globe. The only exception may be esports teams where in some countries team members could include players under 18.
Yes. The Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort is now accepting bets on sports, as is the Saracen Casino Resort and the Southland Casino. There are plans for one more domestic sportsbook, but that license has yet to be issued.
Arkansas has established the legal minimum gambling age for sports betting to be 21 years of age. Though most reputable online sportsbooks accept bettors at age 18, this policy would conflict with the state's regulations. All of our recommended sportsbooks expect customers to be aware of and adhere to their state's minimum gambling age.
Sports betting is regulated and overseen by the Arkansas Racing Commission. The ARC is responsible for issuing licenses, collecting taxes, and enforcing regulations.
Arkansas does offer some local options for betting on March Madness, or you can opt for one of the legal, top-rated online sportsbooks listed on this page.
They each offer substantial coverage of college basketball betting, and game lines, as well as some of the best odds on NCAAB you'll find anywhere. You will have access to live, in-play betting action as well at these sports betting sites.
Arkansas Legislative Resources
If you're from Arkansas and you'd like to express your opinion or see something changed regarding the outlook of sports betting in the state, then below we've included some resources you might find helpful. These resources will allow you to contact the governor, senators, and representatives, so you can be sure they know where you stand on sports betting in the state of Arkansas.
AR Gambling Resources
We acknowledge that gambling and sports betting can be addictive if not done in a responsible manner, which, in turn, can have devastating consequences in your everyday life if you aren't prepared. If you've lost control of your gambling habits, do not hesitate to contact the National Council On Problem Gambling in Arkansas.