Legal Betting on the 2022 BAFTA Awards
- The 2022 BAFTA Awards Begin March 13th At 2 PM EST On BBC1
- 2022 BAFTA Odds Favor The Power Of The Dog For Best Actor, Film
- Lady Gaga Projected To Win Best Actress
Interest in betting on the Oscars, and entertainment betting in general, has been on the rise over the past few years. This has caused an increased interest in wagering on other awards shows such as the Grammys, the Golden Globes, and the BAFTA Awards.
Unfortunately, there are very few outlets allowing wagers on BAFTA Awards results, but as the interest in entertainment betting increases, we expect that venues for betting will increase as well. Below we will provide you with reliable information on reputable locations for BAFTA Awards betting.
Is BAFTA Awards Betting Legal In The USA?
Yes, betting on the BAFTA Awards is legal if you wager at a state-regulated sportsbook or at a reputable sports betting site that is operating legally within the industry, such as the sportsbooks listed on this page.
Washington has passed legislation that bars all forms of online gambling. Despite these laws, we've never heard of any residents of WA state being prosecuted for gambling online. You should review your local and US Federal gambling laws prior to placing any online bets.
Best BAFTA Betting Sites For 2022
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
|3||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
|4||125% Max $3,125||Visit Site Review|
|5||100% Max $500||Visit Site Review|
|6||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site Review|
What Are The BAFTA Awards?
BAFTA, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, began giving awards for excellence in film in 1949. The ceremony takes place each February to honor the films that were released the previous year, so the 2022 BAFTA Awards will be awarded to films that were released in 2021. The 75th BAFTA Awards will take place on March 13, 2022.
75th BAFTA Awards Betting Odds
Should I bet on the 74th BAFTA Awards?
In recent years, we've seen a significant uptick in interest in entertainment betting, especially the Oscars. This has caused an increased interest in wagering on the results of the awards shows that air before the Oscars, such as the Golden Globes and the Razzie Awards.
Currently, wagers can only be placed on award categories. Perhaps in the future, as entertainment gambling increases in popularity, entertainment prop bets will allow wagers on whether Kate Middleton, Taylor Swift, or Bradley Cooper will walk the red carpet.
Because the BAFTA Awards air before the Academy Awards, it can serve as a predictor for the Oscars. The BAFTA Awards and the Academy Awards are both voted on by their members. BAFTA and the Academy Awards both have between seven and eight thousand members, and they share roughly 500 members between them, so roughly 8% of the votes will be identical. With the awards being given just before the start of Oscars' voting, the BAFTA Awards can provide a significant influence.
Since the awards began airing prior to the Academy Awards in 2002, the Oscar and the BAFTA Award has been given to the same film or actor at a 50% or better rate for the primary six categories - Best Film, Best Director, Best Lead, and Supporting Actor, and Best Lead, and Supporting Actress.
Many of the main categories feature the same winner for both awards. Sometimes too much attention being drawn to a film, actor, or actress can have a reverse effect and cause members to vote for something else. This adds another element to the betting strategy and makes it more challenging.
How Can I Watch the 2022 BAFTA Awards?
Fun Facts about the BAFTA Awards
- 1975, unable to attend the ceremony, Jack Nicholson accepted the best actor award for the film Chinatown via a pre-recorded acceptance speech from the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- Each year a BAFTA Fellowship Award is given as a lifetime achievement award. Past winners include Alfred Hitchcock, Elizabeth Taylor, Charlie Chaplin, Stephen Spielberg, Judy Dench, Sean Connery and Stanley Kubrick.
- The BAFTAs have offered up many surprise winners over the years such as Jamie Lee Curtis winning best supporting actress for 1984’s Trading Places. Other times they made the perceived better choice like when they gave best film honors to Scorsese’s Goodfellas which was edged out by Costner’s Dances With Wolves for the Oscar.
- Actor Peter Finch has the most BAFTA awards for best actor with five. Dustin Hoffman and Daniel-Day Lewis are tied for best actor nominations with seven. Hoffman, Lawrence Olivier and Michael Cane are tied for most overall nominations by an actor with eight.
- The most decorated actress in BAFTA history is Judy Dench who has five overall awards. Meryl Streep has a record fifteen overall nominations but has only taken home the trophy twice.