Stellar Sports Betting Deposits
Several of the best online sportsbooks have begun accepting the Stellar cryptocurrency. Called Stellar Lumens (XLM), the crypto is one of the fastest and simplest to use in terms of transfer speeds and energy use.
As such, Stellar sports betting deposits have the lowest natural network fees among all currently supported crypto coins, and they transfer as fast as credit card deposits but with 100% reliability. Where credit/debit transfers might slow US sports bettors down due to the UIGEA law, Lumens completely – and completely legally – bypass this.
Thus, Stellar XLM is perhaps the perfect cryptocurrency for sports bettors. Even better, with various Stellar Lumens predictions saying XLM could hit $1.00 per coin in the coming few years, Stellar is a great option for buying investment-grade crypto you can readily use as a sports bet funding method. The current Stellar Lumens price as of early 2021 is around $0.35 per token, up more than triple its 2020 average. With that kind of potential Stellar value, you can bet on sports and bet on Stellar at the same time!
Best US Online Sportsbooks Accepting Stellar Lumens
At this time - BetOnline is the only online sportsbook that supports Stellar Lumens directly for account funding and payouts. However, you can use your Lumens to purchase Bitcoin or other altcoins accepted at various sportsbooks.
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $1,000||Visit Site |
What Is Stellar?
Stellar is blockchain platform, akin to Bitcoin and other altcoin networks. The Stellar blockchain uses Lumens as its crypto coin, or the asset with which holders can trade. The Lumen ticker symbol is XLM.
Stellar was first launched in 2014, and Lumens are among the top 20 most-traded cryptocurrencies in the world as of 2021. With a market capitalization of nearly $10 billion and nearly 23 billion Stellar Lumens in circulation, it’s a great time to buy into the valuable alternative currency.
Stellar Lumens are unique because these altcoins use neither proof-of-work (PoW) nor proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain protocols, instead relying on something called the Stellar Consensus Protocol (SCP).
Because the SCP does not require consensus of miners in order for transactions to be securely validated, it is perhaps the absolute fastest and least expensive way to fund your sports betting account.
Is Stellar Legal For Banking At Online Sports Betting Sites?
It is 100% legal to buy Stellar Lumens in the US and in most countries internationally. However, it is only legal to use Lumens to purchase lawful goods and services.
Fortunately, betting on sports over the Internet is legal and safe in America, provided you use a licensed, regulated, and reputable online sportsbook like those featured on this page. There are no federal US laws that bar US residents from gambling online with overseas operators, and XLM transfers legally bypass the federal UIGEA banking law.
Note: Washington and Connecticut both have laws barring all online gambling, but these are historically unenforced, and offshore books will accept members from both states. Still, if you live in WA or CT, please participate only at your own risk.
Why You Should Use Stellar Lumens For Sports Betting
There are a number of reasons to use XLM for sports betting. While the cryptocurrency is the fastest to transfer and has the lowest inherent fees, those aren’t the only perks you’ll get when funding your legal online sports betting account with the Stellar cryptocurrency.
The full list of Stellar benefits is listed below:
- Fastest online bet funding transfers – Instant deposits, faster than Bitcoin!
- Lowest blockchain transfer fees of all supported betting cryptos
- Quantum-hacking-resistant open ledger blockchain technology
- Heightened anonymity and user privacy
- No added fees for deposits or withdrawals
- Lowest minimum deposits + highest maximum deposits
- Enhanced sportsbook bonuses for all Stellar deposits
- Same-day payouts – Get your winnings today!
Get Stellar XLM Same-Day Payouts
Like Bitcoin sportsbook deposits and all crypto deposits at international betting sites, you are eligible to receive same-day payouts when gambling with Stellar. However, to get those, you must request your payouts in Lumens.
Otherwise, you can be paid out in fiat currency (i.e. USD) via courier checks, money orders, or bank wires at most sites. These other methods take several days to process (3-5 on average), and they come with added fees. Thus, if you’re going to deposit with XLM, you should always request Stellar payouts.
And just to be clear, in order to receive Stellar payouts, you must first deposit using Stellar specifically. That is, you cannot deposit in Bitcoin or any other altcoin and request an XLM withdrawal.
If you want to earn stellar sports betting bonuses, Stellar sports betting bonuses are the answer! Because the best online sportsbooks operating outside of the US give their members huge bankroll boosts for depositing with Stellar Lumens, you will always get more bang for your buck – and more bank for your luck! – when making XLM deposits.
While a typical sportsbook bonus might give you a 50% deposit match worth $250 to $1000, just by using Stellar, you can increase both the percentage and the pot, often scoring up to twice as much free money with which to bet on your favorite players and teams.
Best of all, even though you get increased bonuses by using Stellar XLM (and other cryptocurrencies), you don’t actually get higher rollover requirements on these valuable promotions. Lumens are already a good investment, but when you use them for online sports gambling, they’re the best investment going.
How To Buy Stellar Lumens
If you want to make a Stellar sportsbook deposit, you need to get your hands on some XLM tokens first. Fittingly, we’re here to illuminate the process of buying Lumens, and it’s actually very simple:
- Open an account at any US-friend crypto exchange that accepts USD crypto purchases. We recommend Coinbase, though there are other options.
- Using your USD, purchase Stellar at the exchange of your choice. First-time buyers may have to wait up to 10 days in order to receive their Stellar XLM coins, though the amount of tokens you buy will be locked in at the current market price when you make your purchase.
- Once you have your XLM, you can keep it on the exchange or transfer it to a Stellar Lumens wallet. We recommend using a crypto wallet for added security.
- Make an account at any reputable sports betting site listed here (if you don’t already have one) by following any link on this page. Please use your real information during this process, as you will have to prove your identity before you can receive any only sportsbook payouts. Do not sign up behind a VPN service, as this is against the terms and conditions of these legitimate betting sites.
- During the deposit process, select the Stellar deposit option. You will be provided with your sportsbook’s Stellar address. Copy this down, and select an online betting bonus (optional).
- From your Stellar wallet or Stellar exchange, plug in the above address in the recipient field, select the amount of Lumens you wish to send, and submit the transfer.
- Within just a few seconds, your sportsbook will receive your deposit, converting it to USD and adding any bonuses you selected to your bankroll. At this point, you’re ready to bet!
If you don’t want to join one of the trusted online sportsbooks that accepts Stellar Lumens directly, other top sports betting sites like Bovada, MyBookie, and Xbet can be indirectly funded using your Stellar holdings.
Simply convert your Stellar to Bitcoin at any popular exchange (you can use the Zelle-to-Bitcoin process to expedite this), and after the XLM-to-BTC transfer takes place, deposit using your new Bitcoin. The process works the same way as that outlined above once at your chosen site’s cashier page.
Where To Buy Stellar Lumens
You can buy the Stellar Lumens coin (XLM) at many reputable exchanges. We recommend Coinbase due to its popularity and full computer and app support. However, any of the following exchanges will allow you to buy Stellar Lumens with credit card, debit card, and ACH (bank transfer) options.
- Binance (some state exclusions apply)
Note: You can also purchase Stellar cryptocurrency at exchanges that don’t offer direct USD-to-XLM services by trading other cryptos for Stellar. Bittrex is one of the most popular such exchanges.
Best Stellar Wallets For Online Sports Betting
When you’re betting on sports, time is of the essence. More than any other gambling market, waiting just a few moments might cause you to miss out on a hefty payout.
Because online sports betting lines move so frequently (often multiple times per hour, and that’s to say nothing of live betting at Stellar sportsbooks!), you’ll need a wallet that’s fast enough – and easy enough to use – that transfers can be sent to your bookie in a flash.
For these, web wallets are best, but Stellar software wallets are fast enough, and they’re slightly more secure. Hardware Stellar wallets are far more secure, but these are more for those who simply want to invest in Stellar Lumens without spending or trading them frequently.
Finally, paper wallets are the most secure option, but these are not good to use for making online sports betting deposits. Paper wallets are designed exclusively for Stellar cold storage (i.e. long-term Stellar investing) and not for actually using XLM as transferrable currency.
Stellar Web Wallets
- Exchange Wallets (Kraken, Binance, etc.)
Stellar Software Wallets
- Solar Wallet
Stellar Hardware Wallets
- Ledger Nano S
- Ledger Nano X
- Trezor One
- Trezor Model T
Stellar Paper Wallets