Legal Mobile Sports Betting Apps For Smartphones And Tablets
- Apple & Android Devices Supported By Top Offshore Betting Apps
- Available On Current iPhone, iPad, & Android Tablets & Smartphones
- Betting Apps Accessible Via Google/Chrome, Safari, Firefox, +more
Mobile sports betting has never been more popular than it is right now thanks to the innovations in smartphone and tablet technology over the past decade in addition to sports betting legislation sweeping the nation.
Today, nearly everyone in the United States has access to a smartphone or tablet, and whether you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, a Samsung Galaxy running on Android, legally betting on sports can not only be done while on the go but can also be placed in real-time via live betting or “in-play” betting.
But where and how can you take advantage of the apps that allow you to bet real money on sports? We provide an overview of legal mobile sports betting apps in the United States below and deliver sports betting site reviews for the online books that provide them.
#1 Mobile Sportsbook - Bovada
Although we do business with many sports gambling apps, the one we frequent most often is Bovada. All of the A-rated features that Bovada offers on their standard website are ported to their web-based mobile betting on sports apps, including their world-renowned customer service, cryptocurrency banking options, and reasonable sportsbook bonus offers.
What is the best sports betting app? Bovada is the best betting app for sports, entertainment, and political odds, period.
- 50% Bonus Cash Up To $750 For Mobile Sports Betting
- Cryptocurrency Accepted
- One Of The USA’s Fastest Paying Sportsbooks
- Famously Never Missed A Payout – EVER!
- Also Includes access to Poker, Casino, and Live Sports Betting
- Odds for every sport imaginable.
- Does Not Accept Players From NJ, NV, DE, NY, or MD
Are Sports Betting Apps Legal In The United States?
Yes. Each one of the best sports gambling apps listed above is provided by a sportsbook that is operating from within a legal international gaming district. American mobile bettors are not violating any US gambling laws by placing bets with gambling apps sourced from these destinations. The providers for these betting apps for sports all possess the required credentials to operate legally within the recognized and sanctioned governing jurisdiction in which they are located.
State-licensed online and mobile sportsbook apps are currently legal in some states. The vast majority of US states have yet to legalize domestic mobile sports betting within their borders.
States With Legal Mobile Sports Betting
Some states with legal sports betting in the USA have also legalized mobile sports betting apps and allow domestic vendors to set up shop inside of their borders. While not as widespread as in-person sportsbooks, state-regulated mobile betting apps certainly make a sizable dent when comparing revenue data between states that allow it versus the ones that do not.
Below is a listing of US States that feature domestic mobile sportsbook apps, as well as regions that are awaiting their debut pending regulation or active date.
- CO: Colorado Mobile Sports Betting
- FL: Sports Betting Apps In Florida (Pending Launch)
- IL: Sports Betting Apps - Illinois
- IN: Indiana Sports Betting Apps
- IA: Iowa Sports Betting Apps
- MI: Michigan Mobile Sports Betting
- MT: Montana Sports Betting Apps
- NV: Nevada Sports Betting Apps
- NH: New Hampshire Sports Betting Apps
- NJ: New Jersey Mobile Sports Betting
- NY: New York Mobile Sports Betting
- OR: Oregon Sports Betting Apps
- PA: Sports Betting Apps In Pennsylvania
- RI: Rhode Island Sportsbook Apps
- TN: Tennessee Sports Betting Apps
- VA: Virginia Sports Betting Apps
- DC: Washington, D.C. Sports Betting Apps
- WV: West Virginia Mobile Sports Betting
- WY: Wyoming Mobile Sportsbooks (Pending Launch)
States That Allow Offshore Betting Apps For Sports
International sports betting sites operate outside of the USA and can lawfully offer their services over the web via smartphones and tablets to bettors in the United States. That means iPhone sports betting can occur via these offshore sportsbook sites without violating any federal gambling laws.
With that in mind, there are some states where members are not accepted to place wagers with offshore mobile sports betting apps. Washington state has a prohibition in place for all online gaming, but most of the mobile sports betting apps we suggest accept customers from WA.
A majority of these international sports betting applications require a minimum age of 18 years old to become a member.
What Can I Bet On With Sports Gambling Apps?
- Football Bet Apps – NFL betting apps, mobile sportsbooks offering college football odds, and even wagering on the XFL, CFL, FCF, or even simulated games of Madden can be done on iPhones and other popular devices.
- Basketball Betting Apps – The best NBA betting apps, as well as March Madness mobile sportsbooks, have been culled together in the table above so that pro and college basketball gamblers can slam dunk their wagers from the location of their choosing.
- Hockey Betting Apps – The best NHL betting apps and mobile sportsbooks for international hockey are provided in the table above and merely require clicking on one of the links with an up-to-date tablet or smartphone.
- Golf Betting Apps – PGA, The Masters, LPGA
- Kentucky Derby Betting Apps
- Soccer Bet Apps – MLS, FIFA
- UFC Betting Apps
- Baseball Betting Apps – NCAA, MLB Betting Apps
- Betting Apps For Boxing
- Cricket Betting Apps
- Best Tennis Betting Apps – Wimbledon, French Open, US Open, Australian Open
- Entertainment Mobile Sportsbooks – Reality TV, Awards Shows, Current Events
- Mobile Betting On Politics & Election Outcomes
- Betting Apps For eSports, Virtual Sports, and Simulated Games
Apple is one of the largest producers of smartphones and tablets on the planet, and their popular series of iPhones and iPads continue to flood the market on day one of their respective releases.
The best betting apps for iPhones are the ones you see listed on this page. These iPhone and iPad sports betting apps are web-based and utilize responsive design to ensure compatibility across a wide range of iPhone and iPad devices and generations, with backward compatibility to most devices that are able to use the current iOS.
You will not be required to download anything onto your phone, and you are able to add bookmarks to your device for easy, one-click access. Since these apps are web-based, your account is always synched no matter what device you are using.
The best betting apps Android devices are compatible with can be accessed easily by using your current Samsung, LG, Motorola, Nokia, OnePlus, Google Pixel, or other popular smartphone or tablet to click on any of the sportsbook links we’ve included below.
Once you've accessed one of these mobile betting apps, the entire spectrum of sports betting is unleashed onto mobile screens with the latest odds for betting on the NFL, NCAAF, and all other pro and college athletics.
All Android models can access these top-rated sports betting apps as long as the device can still receive operating system updates and has a recent mobile browser on board.
Best Smartphones For Mobile Sports Betting
|Apple||Samsung||Other Smartphone Brands|
Best Horse Betting Apps
If you’re looking for the best horse racing betting applications on the market today, the online sportsbooks listed in on this page represent the pinnacle of the industry. All popular smartphone brands can access these mobile racebooks by clicking on any of the provided links and navigating to the section labeled horses, or horse racing.
The best betting apps for horse racing that we recommend in this guide offer the same variety of lines that would be found at the track, with trifectas, odds to show, winners, and more. Because these apps are web-based and do not require downloading anything, the latest horseracing odds can be pulled up on the fly from anywhere with a connection to the net in the USA.
Advantages Of Using Online Betting Apps For Sports
Land-based or “brick-and-mortar” sportsbooks are quickly becoming inconvenient. Gone are the days where your only option was either hop on a plane to Las Vegas or find an illegal back-alley bookie just to bet on the Super Bowl, or any sporting event for that matter.
The Internet is here to stay, and smartphones and tablets allow us to be online anytime and anywhere, essentially becoming an extension of ourselves. In fact, you’re most likely reading this from a mobile device right now or are within arms reach of your smartphone or tablet.
Apart from a smaller screen, there are no downsides to using a sportsbook app on a mobile device and even that may be a thing of the past soon with foldable screens.
Just like on desktop computers, mobile sportsbooks allow you to sign up, manage your accounts, make deposits, request withdrawals and place bets on the odds across any college, pro, or international sport. Some sportsbook apps even have access to advance statistics, stream live events, host chat rooms, and provide real-time scoring among other unique features.
However, the biggest advantage to using mobile sportsbooks is that you can now place bets while on the go, including live betting during a game or event.
Live Betting Mobile Sportsbook Apps
Most sports bettors are familiar with the traditional and most common way to place a bet - put money on a team’s point spread, money line, or total before the game, match, or contest begins. Until recently, that was essentially the only way you could wager on a game.
However, live betting - or “in-play” betting - provides options for placing bets after an event has started and throughout its duration.
Live betting at mobile sportsbooks allows you to wager on the odds of teams and players while the game is currently in progress, right from the palm of your hand. Regardless of where you are or how much time is left on the clock, you can always lay some action on live game odds using the top sports betting apps listed on this page.
Offshore vs. Domestic Sports Betting Apps: Pros And Cons
Offshore Sportsbook Apps
- Available Across Entire United States To 18-Year-Old Sports Gamblers
- Accessed Via Mobile Browsers For Instant Betting On Latest Odds
- Allows For Cryptocurrency Deposits And Withdrawals
- No Restrictions Regarding On Which College And Profession Sports That Can Be Bet Upon
- Allows For Entertainment Odds And Political Election Betting
- Slow USD Transaction Times
Domestic Sports Betting Apps
- Faster USD Transactions Than Offshore Betting Apps
- Often Requires A Minimum Age Of 21 To Participate
- Software Must Be Downloaded To Mobile Devices
- Some Domestic Sportsbooks Cannot Accept Wagers On Local College Games
- Limited Options For Prop Bets
- No Political Odds
Popular Domestic Sports Betting Apps
Many states have adopted regulations that allow for domestic sportsbook applications that can either be downloaded to mobile devices or can be accessed online using PCs or laptops. Each US state and its gaming regulations vary, within minimum age requirements that fluctuate between 18 and 21.
Domestic sports betting apps are often limited in their offerings, require bettors to be within a geofenced location, require in-person registration, can exclude local college contests, and don't allow wagers on the glut of props that offshore sportsbooks deliver. Vendors also differ in each state, but some of the more popular sports betting apps that operate domestically include:
- theScore Bet
- SI Sportsbook
- Seminole Hard Rock Sportsbook App
Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
The mobile sports betting app that our staff here at SBL utilizes the most via smartphones, tablets, PCs, and laptops is Bovada because of their overall performance, production of odds, and longevity in the industry.
The sportsbook banking options available at our top mobile sports betting apps include a multitude of cryptocurrency and US dollar deposit and withdrawal choices.
If you’re interested in speedy withdrawals and online security, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies are the absolute fastest.
For first-time crypto users who don't already own any crypto, the major exchanges usually institute a 5-10-day wait. To bypass this, you can actually use the Atomic Wallet app crypto store to buy any common betting crypto and make immediate online sports gambling deposits.
Atomic Wallet is available for iPhone and Android as a free download.
Domestic sportsbook apps are limited to USD withdrawals but offshore mobile sports betting sites can transact in cryptocurrency for lightning-quick payouts and account uploads. Opt for crypto if you intend to get paid ASAP using an offshore book.
Yes. Members can opt for the exact same deposit matching bonuses that are available for betting at the regular sportsbook site. Some online sportsbooks promote mobile bonuses specifically designated for mobile wagering. These offers typically involve matching deposit totals by a percentage, but also include terms that must be met before withdraws can be made off of bonus cash-based winnings.
If you choose to make sports betting deposits with Avalanche or other popular altcoins some sportsbook sites will offer crypto bonuses for using those deposit methods. Bitcoin still reigns king of crypto and is widely accepted with online sportsbooks, but other popular altcoins are also widely accepted now.
Yes. There is no cost involved with accessing any sportsbook application. Most of the best sports apps for gambling on athletics do allow for free-play bets to be earned via promotions but be sure the conditions are good prior to acceptance.
Only if you are in a state that doesn’t regulate them. If so, just click on any of the online sports betting sites we endorse on this page to access the best on offshore mobile sportsbooks without the need for a download.