Arizona Sports Betting – How To Bet On Sports Legally In AZ in 2023
- Sports Betting In Arizona Legal Via Online & In-Person
- Legal Minimum Age For Domestic Sports Betting In AZ Is 21
- Domestic Mobile Sports Betting Apps In Arizona Are Available Now
Domestic sports betting in the state of Arizona was made legal in the Spring of 2021. Up to that point, legitimate online sportsbooks operating overseas have been the primary option for AZ residents seeking legal sports betting without traveling outside of the state.
State-licensed sportsbooks expanded the range of betting options available to AZ sports fans. The state has not expanded its gambling market much over the years, and this may have something to do with its close proximity to Nevada, which is easily the most prolific gambling hot spot in the country.
The fact that lawmakers have successfully passed legislation for Arizona sports betting indicates that they are not willing to let their neighboring state reap all the benefits of providing sports betting locally to the region.
Reputable Online Arizona Sportsbooks
The members of our team are registered bettors at every single one of these sports betting sites. We have screened each one of them from both a professional standpoint and a customer point of view, and they all legally welcome bettors from the Grand Canyon State.
If you want more information on any of these brands, you can visit our US sportsbook reviews page.
Is Bovada Legal In Arizona?
Yes, Bovada is legal in Arizona and sports bettors in the state can place bets at Bovada without breaking any state or federal gambling laws. Bovada is operating legally within the international sports betting market from within Costa Rica and is able to provide sports betting services over the Internet to 18+ online gamblers inside of AZ.
Bovada Sportsbook #1 USA Betting Site
- Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1,000
- Operating From The Legal Jurisdiction Of Costa Rica
- Same Day Payouts with Bitcoin
- Options to Use Venmo, Paypal with Vouchers
- Also Offers Casino, Poker, and Horse Racing
- Wide Selection of Sports Coverage & Wagering Options
- Does Not Accept Players From NJ, NV, DE, NY, or MD
Best Sports Betting Sites in Arizona 2023
|Site Name||Current Bonus||Age||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $1,000||18+||Visit Site Review|
|2||125% Max $3,125||18+||Visit Site Review|
|3||50% Max $1,000||21+||Visit Site Review|
|4||50% Max $500||21+||Visit Site Review|
|5||50% Max $1,000||18+||Visit Site Review|
|6||50% Max $1,000||18+||Visit Site Review|
Is Sports Betting Legal In Arizona in 2023?
Yes, it is. While betting on sports at legal online sportsbooks operating outside of the US has never been illegal for AZ residents, sports fans also have the additional option of state-regulated sports betting as well. Bettors in Arizona now have access to local brick-and-mortar sportsbooks, as well as state-licensed online and mobile betting options.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal In Arizona in 2023?
Yes! Bettors have two options for legal online sports betting in Arizona:
- State-regulated online ad mobile sportsbooks
- Legitimate offshore sportsbooks operating legally outside of the United States
There are no AZ state gambling laws or US federal laws that prohibit either of these options as long as the sportsbook being used is operating legally, such as the betting sites you see listed on this page.
Arizona remains one of the states that allow you to wager at offshore sports betting sites located outside the United States. AZ bettors can safely place a bet with one of the online sportsbooks listed in this guide without fear of prosecution.
Arizona Sports Betting Bills
The Status of Arizona Sports Betting Legislation for 2023
Signed during an emergency session, HB2772 officially legalized sportsbook gambling across the state of. The AZ sports betting bill was introduced within the House in early February 2021 and signed by Governor Doug Ducey in mid-April of the same year.
As the sports betting industry evolves in the state, new legislation to address various aspects of state-licensed operations will likely surface from time to time. To get details on sports betting legislation for the region, visit our bill tracker page and click on the state name on the red US map. You will be shown the relevant information on the status of any active bills.
AZ Sports Betting Details
We've compiled all of the most important details that you need to know when it comes to the current sports betting climate in the state. Since the state legislature could legalize domestic sports betting this year, everything below could change when that happens. For now, here's where things currently stand in Arizona.
- Legal Sports Betting: Offshore and State-regulated
- Minimum Sports Betting Age: 21 (Domestic), 18 (Offshore)
- Land-Based: Yes
- Online: Domestic & Offshore
- Mobile:Domestic & Offshore
- In-Play: Yes
- State Farm Stadium
- Gila River Casinos
- Chase Field
- TPC Scottsdale
- Footprint Center
- Quechan Casino Resort
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Phoenix Raceway
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Harrah's Ak-Chin
- We-Ko-Pa Casino
- Desert Diamond Casino
- Blue Water Resort Casino
- Hon-Dah Casino
- Casino Del Sol
- SuperBook Sports
- Fubo, SaharaBets
- Golden Nugget
- Desert Diamond Sports
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Bally Bet
As of June, 2023 there are no laws in place that outlaw betting online with an offshore sportsbook inside of Arizona. That's due to international sportsbooks operating overseas outside any jurisdiction the USA holds. We've gathered the best offshore sports betting sites that accept Arizonians on this page for your convenience.
All betting lines, odds, and props for all games, teams, and players across all college and professional sports can be wagered on from the state of Arizona via offshore sportsbooks. Prop bets, especially those involving injuries and any NCAA contests, are forbidden at domestic AZ sportsbooks, as well as all wagers on youth sports.
There are no restrictions via offshore sportsbooks, but domestic venues will not allow betting on injuries or penalties, NCAA props, and wagering on amateur athletics.
Any gambling winnings, no matter how small, are considered income by Arizona state and federal government authorities. The IRS requires 24% of all gambling winnings. In addition, AZ taxes gambling profits at a rate between 2.59% and 4.50%, depending on the amount. These taxes are applicable regardless of whether you bet domestically or offshore.
Options for Legal Sports Betting in AZ
Where Can I Bet On Sports In Arizona?
As of right now, if you'd like to bet on sports without leaving the state, then gamblers can opt for one of the many online sportsbooks mentioned on this page, or they can visit a domestic sportsbook in AZ that operates over the web or in-person.
Offshore sports betting sites are secure, reputable, offer great bonuses, and provide a legitimate alternative to the domestic sportsbooks in the state that may not feature the lines or odds you're looking for.
Where Can I Bet on Sports Online in Arizona Without Breaking the Law?
All of the international sportsbooks we recommend are unquestionably operating legally within the international sports betting market, governed by a legitimate jurisdiction. The table above includes a link to an in-depth review of each of these sportsbooks.
- Is Bovada legal in Arizona? Yes, because there are no laws that make offshore betting a crime in the state, residents can legally place bets at Bovada Sportsbook because they are operating legitimately within a legal gambling jurisdiction. Visit Bovada Now.
- Is MyBookie legal in Arizona? Yes, like Bovada and our other recommended sportsbooks, MyBookie is also operating legally within the industry, holds the proper licensing credentials, and provides a secure, high-quality betting experience without breaking any US laws. Visit MyBookie Now.
- Is BetOnline legal in Arizona? As one of the first and biggest names in online betting, residents can wager on sports at BetOnline without violating any state or federal gambling restrictions. Betonline is licensed by the government of Panama. Visit BetOnline Now.
- Is XBet legal in Arizona? Yes. As a respected, licensed, and regulated offshore sportsbook, XBet legally provides sports betting options to US residents, including those in AZ. Visit XBet Now.
- Is BetUS legal in Arizona? Indeed they are! BetUS is licensed out of Curacao and through new management has been able to reestablish itself as a reputable online sports betting destination for USA gamblers, including those in AZ. As mentioned before, state gambling laws and US Federal gambling laws do not include restrictions for legally operating offshore sportsbooks. Visit BetUS Now.
Arizona Sports Betting Apps
While there are both domestic and international venues for mobile sports betting in the state of Arizona, we suggest that readers venture offshore and have a peek at the sports betting apps they offer to Apple and Android devices.
All of the online sports betting sites that we recommend for AZ gamblers on this page can be pulled up on iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones, and tablets, as well as Windows tablets, just by clicking on any sportsbook link we provide here at SBL. Furthermore, these sports betting apps are available to bettors who are 18 and up in AZ as opposed to state-regulated apps that require bettors to be 21.
Unlike domestic sportsbook applications, Arizona sports betting apps that operate offshore don’t need to be downloaded. These are mobile optimized, web-based applications that only need a connection to the internet for access from anywhere inside the state. Because they are web-based, your account is always perfectly synced whether on desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Click any of the mobile icons below to check out our preferred mobile sportsbooks.
iPhone Sports Betting in AZ
Placing a sports bet on your iPhone in AZ does not require a download if you opt for an offshore sportsbook app listed below. All iPhone models still supported by Apple can bet on sports using an onboard mobile browser. These betting apps also work beautifully on your iPad or Macbooks!
Android Sports Betting In AZ
Samsung, Google Pixel, and other popular Android smartphones and tablets can be used in AZ to bet on sports at the age of 18. Just click on any offshore sportsbook apps for Android we recommend below for AZ-based bettors using your Android device to gain full access to the best betting lines.
Best AZ Sportsbook Promo Codes for June 2023
All our recommended online sportsbooks are vying for your affection, which is why they each offer various sports betting promo codes for sign-up bonuses and reload bonuses to entice you to check them out. These will normally be structured as a deposit match bonus, which means they match a portion of your deposit and add it to your bankroll.
These offers do come with strings attached, so be sure to read the terms for information on the wagering requirements before you claim that free cash! Here are a few of our preferred Arizona sportsbook bonuses for new bettors:
- Bovada Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use Bovada Bonus Code BVD1000
- MyBookie Sign Up Bonus: 100% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use MyBookie Promo Code MYB100
- BetUS Sign Up Bonus: 125% Deposit Match Up To $3,125 – Use BetUS Promo Code Join125
- Betonline Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 - Use Betonline Promo Code BOL1000
PRO TIP: To maximize the sportsbook bonuses and promotions at these sportsbooks, use crypto for your deposits! You'll get more bang for your buck with larger bonuses as well as access to additional reload bonuses.
Anderson A. - Sports Bettor Since 2014
Best Online Sportsbook Payment Methods Available in Arizona
Crypto Sportsbook Deposits
Local, state-licensed sportsbooks in AZ are not cryptocurrency-friendly, however the offshore betting sites we endorse are all onboard with Bitcoin, Tether, Ethereum, Cardano, and many other popular altcoins.
You can see a full list of altcoins accepted at online sportsbooks in the banking section of our site. If you are a fan of fast deposits, same-day payouts, and enhanced cash bonuses, then use cryptocurrency to fund your account.
P2P Sportsbook Deposits
When using an offshore betting site, you have the option of buying sportsbook vouchers from other members using third-party person-to-person services. A member places sportsbook funds onto a voucher or gift card, and through a third party, another member can purchase those funds.
P2P apps that are options for this funding method include PayPal, Apple Pay/Apple Cash, Samsung Pay, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and other major vendors. These third-party options can also be utilized to purchase crypto for sports betting or to use Matchpay at applicable sites.
Credit Card Sportsbook Deposits
Using your credit card or debit card to fund your sports betting account is certainly an option, this option just carries additional fees and at times transaction approval challenges, so it is not our first recommendation. You can learn more about the best deposit options and the fastest way to withdraw your winnings in our sportsbook funding guide.
AZ Online Sportsbooks: Offshore VS Local
Offshore AZ Sports Betting
Domestic AZ Sports Betting
How To Bet On Sports In Arizona
Obviously, local sportsbooks are an option for bettors in the state. So this information is for alternative options. In order to take advantage of the services provided by the online Arizona sportsbook sites that we recommend requires that you create a membership profile.
This is a simple process that can be completed in minutes. In fact, it is so quick and easy to sign up at any of these sportsbooks, you might want to choose several of them (signing up is free) and then make deposits only at the ones you intend to wager at. Here are the steps involved in signing up at an Arizona online sportsbook:
- Press the join button at the top of any page within the online sportsbook
- Populate your account profile with accurate information and be sure to create a secure sportsbook login that will be near impossible to crack
- The next prompt will ask for the first deposit and will most likely extend a new member bonus offer that should be considered before finalizing your initial transaction
- AZ sports betting can now commence with a visit to the betting lines on the site where a menu will break down each league and betting type.
- The final step is to complete your bet slip - which updates the potential payout in real-time as you complete it. Good luck!
Pro Tip: Consider joining two or more sportsbooks so that the lines can be shopped to your advantage before the game, match, or event.
Marcus W. - Sports Bettor Since 2011
Popular Sports To Bet On In AZ
You can bet on the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals or any NCAAF teams in the region at local sportsbooks in the state or through the trusted football sports betting sites listed on this page. State-regulated books require a minimum age of 21, but offshore football betting sites (such as the ones listed on this page) allow AZ-based members to join at 18.
Sports fans in the state can bet on the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Wildcats, or Arizona State Sun Devils basketball teams in AZ at local or offshore online sportsbooks. Betting on pro or college basketball in Arizona is best done with an overseas sportsbook site that allows gamblers to join at 18.
Both offshore and local sports betting can legally occur in Arizona, with odds on the Diamondbacks or one of the region's college baseball teams offered to gamblers that have reached the legal minimum age. That's the kicker, as offshore sportsbooks allow baseball betting at 18, a full three years younger than state-regulated AZ gambling venues.
UFC odds for all televised or pay-per-view fights promoted by the Ultimate Fighting Championship will be posted at local and offshore sportsbooks, both in-person and online in AZ. We suggest betting on the UFC with an offshore sportsbook (such as the ones listed on this page) for many reasons, including a lower minimum age to participate of 18.
Because local, state-licensed sportsbooks in the United States have opted out of the election gambling market, offshore sports betting sites are the best way to bet on political odds in Arizona. State and federal election results can be wagered on at any offshore sportsbooks we recommend for Arizona gamblers. You can even get in on international election odds at the political betting sites operating legally outside of the US.
Reality television results, awards show winners, pro wrestling matches, and celebrity divorce odds all fall under the spectrum of entertainment betting, but don’t go to a domestic sportsbook in Arizona intent on finding any lines on these categories. The best and only option for betting on entertainment odds in AZ is with one of the online sportsbooks we recommend.
A number of major contests can be gambled on in Arizona after they have already begun using live betting lines at the sportsbooks featured on this page. As soon as the game, match, contest, or fight begins, the in-play betting commences – but only at the online sportsbooks we recommend on this page for Arizonans.
Active Arizona Betting Sports For June 2023?
Here is a sample of sports categories available for AZ fans to bet on right now at online sportsbooks, and the sports betting sites we recommend provide an even more complete list of options since futures betting is always in play.
Biggest Sports Betting Cities In AZ
Phoenix is a sprawling capital city that has the largest metropolitan area in the state and is home to two major professional sports teams: The Diamondbacks and the Suns. Naturally, Phoenix sports betting is quite popular.
The Diamondbacks entered MLB as an expansion team in 1998 and compete in the NL West division with home games held at Chase Field. The franchise has won five division titles and won their first and only World Series in 2001 in a 7-game series against the Yankees.
The Sun's franchise began playing professional basketball in 1968 and has played home games at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix since 1992. The Suns compete in the Western Conference Pacific Division and have won six division titles, made two trips to the NBA Finals, and are still searching for their first NBA Championship.
Glendale is located about nine miles from Phoenix and is home to the Cardinals professional football team and the Coyotes professional hockey team.
The Cardinals franchise was established in 1898 and is the oldest continuously run professional football team in the U.S., moving from to Arizona in 1988. Today, the Cardinals play at the University of Phoenix Stadium, compete in the NFC West, and have won seven division titles and two NFL championships (1925, 1947).
The franchise is still searching for its first Super Bowl title. The Coyotes franchise was founded in 1971 as the Winnipeg Jets and moved to Arizona in 1996. Today, the team plays at Gila River Arena, has won one division title and are still searching for their first Stanley Cup.
Local Sports Teams To Bet On
AZ sports offers up a season that never ends with pro and college programs that partake in all major leagues.
Whether locals are interested in betting on the NFL and the chances of the Cardinals winning a Super Bowl or the Phoenix Suns' odds of winning the NBA Finals, you’ll find a plethora of betting lines at our featured sportsbooks covering Arizona’s local sports teams.
Arizona Professional Sports Teams
- Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Phoenix Suns (NBA)
- Arizona Coyotes (NHL)
- Diamondbacks (MLB)
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
Arizona College Sports Teams
- Arizona Wildcats (NCAAF/NCAAB)
- Arizona State Sun Devils (NCAAF/NCAAB)
- Fiesta Bowl (CFP, New Year’s Six Bowl Game)
Local Sportsbooks in Arizona
- Apache Gold Casino Resort – WynnBet Sportsbook is housed within the Apache Gold’s lush gaming environment, located roughly 30 miles to the east of Phoenix.
- FanDuel Sportsbook at the Footprint Center (Phoenix) – The home arena of the NBA's Phoenix Suns plays host to FanDuel Sportsbook. This domestic operator allows 21+ gamblers to enter and wager on pro and college games.
- Caesars Sportsbook at Chase Field (Phoenix) – The home of the Arizona Diamondbacks also houses Caesars, a domestic sports betting venue for 21 and older gamblers.
- Caesars Sportsbook at Arizona Downs (Prescott Valley) – The premier horse racetrack in the state also contains a lush sports betting location provided by Caesars.
- We-Ko-Pa Casino – Gamblers on the east side of Phoenix can bet on sports in person at the WKP Sportsbook powered by Betfred Sports. They open at 11 AM every day.
- Gila River Casinos – Three massive and luxurious sportsbooks are hosted by BetMGM inside of each Gila River Casinos location (Wild Horse Pass, Vee Quiva, Lone Butte) surrounding Phoenix.
- TPC Scottsdale – DraftKings operates a first-class sportsbook right across the street from TPC Scottsdale, a top-rated PGA golf course that hosts the Phoenix Open. (expected to open in 2023)
- Harrah's Ak-Chin – Just south of Pheonix lies Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino, which features a Caesars Sportsbook open to 21 and older gamblers.
- Desert Diamond Casinos – Three locations (Tucson, Sahuarita, West Valley) dot the AZ landscape with domestic sports betting venues that accept 21+ gamblers. Each venue features in-person sportsbooks and kiosks for less personal sports gambling.
- Casino Del Sol – Filled with flatscreens and attentive servers, the Casino Del Sol Sportsbook is an oasis for sports gamblers in the Tucson region.
- State Farm Stadium – BetMGM has erected a state-of-the-art retail sportsbook just outside of the home of the Arizona Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl. Gamblers can bet on sports and enjoy premium parking options and other perks.
- Mazatzal Casino – Located between Phoenix and Flagstaff, the Mazatzal Casino offers regional gamblers an in-person sportsbook powered by twinspires.
- Unibet Sportsbook – Two locations at Paradise Casino (Yuma) and Turf Paradise (Phoenix) are available to sports bettors in Arizona aged 21 and older.
- Phoenix Raceway – One of the nation's premier NASCAR venues now hosts a top-tier mobile sportsbook provided by Barstool Sports, which also has plans to open a retail venue at the racetrack soon.
Nearby States with Online Sports Betting
The two nearest online sports betting states that share a border with Arizona are Nevada and Colorado. For 21 and older AZ-based gamblers that insist on using an online domestic sportsbook in another state, simply travel across the border of CO or NV and use your web-ready device to download a sports betting app offered locally.
It should be noted that Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona all feature a minimum gambling age of 21 years old, so there is no benefit to using one state's regulated online sportsbook over another. Additionally, there are multiple sportsbook apps in those states that carry geofencing restrictions that require bettors to be physically present within a specific proximity to casino or sportsbook properties.
Frequently Asked Questions About Arizona Sports Betting
No, you will not. Arizona's gambling laws target the providers of illegal gambling services and not the individuals placing the bets. However, since in-person, online, and mobile sportsbooks are legal inside AZ borders, 21+ gamblers can do no wrong by choosing to do business with a domestic vendor.
You will not be violating any type of Arizona state gambling laws by placing a bet on sports through online offshore sportsbooks at the age of 18 or over, and the same can be said for 21+ gambling at AZ domestic sports betting options.
Mobile sports betting applications offered by state-licensed sportsbooks are now available for 21 and over gamblers.
Mobile sports betting apps for 18 and over customers in Arizona are offered through reputable offshore sportsbooks and are legal for AZ residents and visitors to enjoy.
All professional and college teams can be bet on at a domestic book in Arizona, but no wagers can be placed on props involving injuries or penalties.
Furthermore, no NCAA props will be allowed at all, and there is also a ban on all amateur sports betting.
Offshore sportsbooks do not restrict AZ bettors from wagering on any professional or college teams or leagues in the US or abroad. In fact, bettors are offered lines for many sports, athletes, teams, and leagues from all around the globe.
Yes. Domestic sportsbooks are open now, as well as online and mobile sports betting apps that are also accepting action.
Sports betting at the state level requires individuals to be 21 in order to participate. The online sportsbooks recommended on this page accept bettors who are at least 18 years of age or older.
The Arizona Department of Gaming provides regulatory oversight for all gambling in the state, including all Tribal gambling entertainment. To our knowledge, the same agency would oversee the sports betting options as they are integrated into existing tribal gambling operations. If a new gaming commission or agency is being created or tasked with regulating sports betting in the state, then we will have more information once the legislation passes.
College basketball betting in Arizona is legally available through a handful of select state-licensed retail sports betting locations in the state or at any of the online sportsbooks recommended on this page.
These online sports betting sites have been providing March Madness betting to AZ residents for decades in some cases, and are trusted names within the international sports betting market.
Betting On Football In Arizona In 2023?
How To Bet On College Football in Arizona
There's no shortage of college football action in Arizona, with two prominent NCAAF teams to keep fans excited. Though there are local sportsbooks in AZ, there are multiple limits invoked for betting on college sports. You'll find far more options at the trusted college football betting sites we've recommended on this page, as well as highly competitive odds and lines.
How To Bet On NFL Football In Arizona
The Arizona Cardinals represent the state for NFL and naturally garner a huge following among locals. Whether the Cardinals are your team or not, AZ football fans have several options for legally betting on NFL teams and games through either state-licensed sportsbooks or through legit offshore NFL betting sites, such as the ones you see listed on this page. While both local and international bookmakers are suitable, we can assure you that you'll find far more options at the sportsbooks we feature, particularly when it comes to NFL prop bets and live-betting features.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl in Arizona in 2023
If you're located in AZ, Super Bowl odds can be wagered on at domestic and offshore sportsbooks.
Domestic - If you are located in AZ and are at least 21 years old, you can download a mobile sportsbook app, pull up an online gambling site, or visit a brick-and-mortar venue and legally place a wager on the Super Bowl. Arizona sportsbooks are legal to use if you are a visitor or a citizen of the state.
Offshore - International gambling sites are also a legal option for betting on the NFL, Super Bowl, Arizona Cardinals, or any other regular season or playoff pro football game. Many of these offshore sportsbook sites accept members at the age of 18 and permit them to bet on the Super Bowl in Arizona on current web-ready devices. The online sportsbooks we recommend to our readers operate overseas and are a legitimate option for gambling on the Super Bowl.
State Legislative Resources
If you live in Arizona and want to contact your governor, senators, and representatives, and let them know how you feel about sports betting coming to your state, then below you'll find resources that will direct you to every method for reaching out to them.
Legislative Timeline of Sports Betting in AZ
June 28, 2022 – Caesars opens a second retail sports betting location at Arizona Downs, a horse racetrack.
June 21, 2022 – Caesars Sportsbook opens a location inside Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
September 9, 2021 – Mobile sports betting begins in the state, with several domestic vendors starting operation. FanDuel opens an in-person sportsbook inside Phoenix’s Footprint Center.
April 12, 2021 - Legal sports betting in Arizona was signed into law by Governor Doug Ducey.
AZ Gambling Resources
If you choose to bet on sports, we hope you gamble your money responsibly and never wager more than you can afford to lose. Nothing is a safe bet and never chase your losses. If you feel that your sports betting has gotten out of control, please contact the Arizona Division of Problem Gambling for immediate assistance.