Legal College Basketball Betting
NCAA Basketball is a hugely popular enterprise, and college basketball betting garners a lot of attention during the regular season and the March Madness Tournament. Whether it’s the ability to watch future NBA prospects, support your alma mater, or for just pure betting interest, NCAAB broadcasts attract a lot of viewers each season.
Our guide to legal college basketball betting covers the entire spectrum of NCAAB odds, from betting on March Madness to odds on college basketball's Thanksgiving Day games. We detail the legal options available to USA bettors and reveal what the top-rated sportsbooks on the web offer up to new members. Don't place a bet on any college basketball odds until reading through the information we've provided below.
Is It Legal To Bet On College Basketball Odds?
College basketball betting can be achieved by two legal means in the United States - domestic and overseas sportsbooks. If you are in a state that features legal domestic sports betting, visit an in-person, online, or mobile betting service and place a bet on NCAA Basketball.
48 out of 50 US states can access international sportsbooks that offer their services over the web (CT and WA have passed laws prohibiting all online gaming). The offshore sportsbook sites we recommend on this page are the perfect college basketball betting forum for folks located in regions that don't allow domestic services, and there are no federal gambling laws in place that say US gamblers can't participate.
Best Betting Sites For College Basketball Odds
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $250||Visit Site |
|2||100% Max $1,000||Visit Site |
|3||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site |
|4||100% Max $300||Visit Site |
2021 College Basketball Championship Odds
Almost all year long, college basketball championship futures lines like the one below are featured at offshore sportsbooks and ask bettors to select the team they think will win the March Madness NCAA Basketball Tournament and earn the national championship.
Each team has money line odds placed next to their name that indicates their chances of winning it all as well as determining the amount of money that can be won by betting on them.
Odds are usually in the positive for each option because there are so many teams offered, so placing a bet on any team will payout at higher than the amount risked no matter which selection you make.
NCAAB March Madness 2021
Founded in 1939, the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament, also known as NCAA March Madness, has become one of the most popular annual sporting events in the United States. Betting on the March Madness tournament is one of the most exciting activities of the year for avid sports gamblers.
As a single-elimination tournament with 68 teams from four regions, (East, South, Midwest, and West), the winner of each subsequently plays in the Final Four. This season’s NCAA College Basketball Final Four begins April 3 with the championship game occuring on April 5.
- Selection Sunday: March 16, 2021
- First Four: March 16-17, 2021
- NCAA Tournament Round 1: March 18-19, 2021
- NCAA Tournament Round 2: March 20-21, 2021
- Sweet 16: March 25-26, 2021
- Elite 8: March 27-28, 2021
- Final Four: April 3, 2021
- Championship: April 5, 2021
NCAA Basketball Bet Types
Sometimes, successful betting can come down to understanding the options and terminology. The breakdown below lists the most common types of bets for college basketball, including spreads, futures, and more.
Although there are dozens of ways to bet on college basketball, the below options are the most common forms. We advise trying these types prior to seeking out more obscure options for betting on NCAA hoops.
- The point spread: This number represents the number of points the favorite needs to win by in order to “cover the spread.” For example, a wager on Kentucky -12 means that the Wildcats need to win by 13 or more points to cover the spread for the bet to win.
- Money line: In this type of bet, teams are not required to cover a designated point spread. Instead, the odds represent the amount of risk involved with both sides. (ex. UCLA -250, USC +150 means that UCLA is the favorite and a $250 bet would pay $100 regardless of how much they win by.)
- Totals (over/under): This bet is to predict the total number of points scored by one or both teams. A wager can be placed on the final scores being over or under the set amount. (ex. FSU vs. UNC 167.5; bets can be made if the teams will score 167 or less, or over 168.)
- Prop bet: These bets are usually for things that could happen in a game, such as the number of three-pointers made or if a coach will be ejected.
- Live College Basketball Betting: With the evolution of sports betting, live bets allow wagers to be placed while the game is playing. (ex. Georgia leading by 2 at halftime, +125)
- Parlay: To earn a larger payout, bets can be strung together in a parlay. However, all bets must be won to receive the winnings.
- Future: These bets are reserved for future scenarios, such as the championship winner or which conference will have the most teams in the postseason tournament.
Mobile College Basketball Betting
Bettors no longer need to rely on personal computers and laptops to bet on college basketball at online sportsbooks, and the betting sites we recommend offer mobile betting apps just by clicking on one of the links we've provided in the table above using a current tablet or smartphone (iPhone, iPad, Android). No download is required. These web-based applications can access the full sportsbook site, all in the palm of your hand.
College basketball bets can be made at the game or at the dorm at all hours of the day, and these mobile betting apps offer the same level of cybersecurity and data protection that the regular site offers, complete with 24-hour customer service and push-button controls. Bet on college hoops on the go with the basketball betting apps offered by our top-rated online sportsbooks.
Bitcoin (BTC) is the cryptocurrency of choice at online sports betting sites for deposits and withdrawals, and that's for a good reason. Its lack of regulation allows for immediate deposits as well as withdrawals that can be made inside of the same day - the only currency that is capable of 24 hours or fewer transaction times. Bitcoin deposits also include increased bonus offers to new members making their first transaction.
We don't expect everyone to adopt the cryptocurrency standard, and that's why we require our best-reviewed college basketball betting sites to accept a large variety of banking options, including but not limited to the following methods:
Deposit: Credit Card, Debit Card, Zelle, Cashier's Check, MatchPay, Wire Transfer, Third-Party Money Transfer Services, Vouchers, Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano (ADA), Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Tether)
Withdrawal: Wire Transfer, MatchPay, Cashier's Check By Courier, Cryptocurrency
Promotional Offers From College Basketball Betting Sites
Customers at college basketball sportsbooks will be treated to bonus offers when they make their first deposit into their betting bankroll. Sportsbook bonuses match the initial deposit from anywhere between 25% and 100% and can reach as high as $1,000 and sometimes higher depending on the time of year.
New members are not required to accept a bonus, so read through the terms and conditions first. Periodically, these NCAA basketball sportsbooks will offer reload bonuses that will match a percentage of your next deposit no matter how long you've been a member.