Sports Betting In Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Sports Betting Available Online Via Offshore Sportsbooks
- Retail Sportsbooks Set For December 7, 2023 Launch
- FL Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook App Can Be Downloaded Now
Jacksonville is the largest metropolitan area in the United States and is the host of its beloved professional sports franchise, the Jaguars of the NFL. Naturally, legal sports betting in Jacksonville is in demand in northeast Florida, and this guide details how and where it can be done.
Local gamblers in Jacksonville can bet on the NFL and their Jaguars via offshore gambling sites, domestic sportsbook locations, and state-regulated apps and sites.
This page was created exclusively for gamblers in the Jacksonville area and contains information relative to legal sports betting in Florida. Don't bet on sports in Jacksonville without reading the following passages first.
Is Bovada Legal In Jacksonville, FL?
Yes, sports betting at Bovada.LV is legal in Jacksonville, and they've been accepting members in northeast Florida for over ten years. Regional gamblers are welcome to join and bet on the Jaguars, North Florida Ospreys, or any other major sporting event occurring around the planet. We invite our Jacksonville-based readers to click through to Bovada's Sportsbook and learn firsthand about the perks and A+ betting opportunities they provide.
Bovada Sportsbook #1 USA Betting Site
- Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1,000
- Operating From The Legal Jurisdiction Of Costa Rica
- Same Day Payouts with Bitcoin
- Options to Use Venmo, Paypal with Vouchers
- Also Offers Casino, Poker, and Horse Racing
- Wide Selection of Sports Coverage & Wagering Options
- Does Not Accept Players From NJ, NV, DE, NY, or MD
Is Sports Betting Legal In Jacksonville, FL?
Yes. Domestic sports betting is now legal in Florida, with in-person locations, online options, and mobile sportsbook apps that are regulated by the state. Another option for betting on sports in Jacksonville, FL, is by doing so with an offshore sportsbook site over the web.
Because there is no language in Florida law that defines or even mentions offshore gambling, there is nothing preventing those within the Sunshine State's borders from placing a wager with one of the sites among our top-rated online sportsbook reviews.
Offshore Sports Betting In Jacksonville
Just like in all other US States, there are no laws in place that prohibit local gamblers from joining an offshore sports betting site and placing a wager as long as the minimum age requirement has been met.
The sports betting sites that we recommend within this guide operate overseas and fall outside the jurisdiction of federal and state law.
- Open for business right now in December 2023
- 18 and older bettors are allowed to join
- Bitcoin-friendly – Many different cryptocurrencies accepted
- Posts political odds and entertainment betting lines
- 21 and older sports bettors only
- Does not accept cryptocurrency
- No political or entertainment betting offered
Sportsbook Bonus Offers & Promotions
The online sportsbooks that we recommend on this page offer bonus cash betting promotions to new members. These bonuses will match a percentage of a new member's first deposit, usually between 50 percent and 100 percent. Using Bitcoin tends to get you even bigger bonuses, and some sites also offer reload bonuses.
Make sure to read through the bonus terms and conditions to ensure that any perk is the right move for you because accepting online sports betting promos is never mandatory.
- Bovada Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use Bovada Bonus Code BVD1000
- MyBookie Sign Up Bonus: 100% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use MyBookie Promo Code MYB100
- BetUS Sign Up Bonus: 125% Deposit Match Up To $3,125 – Use BetUS Promo Code Join125
- Betonline Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 - Use Betonline Promo Code BOL1000
How To Deposit Funds Into Your Sportsbook Account
Before wagers can be placed online, funds must be uploaded to accounts using US dollars or cryptocurrency. Specific options vary by site.
- Navigate to the banking suite of the sportsbook that you want to place your bets at. There will be a 'deposit' button of some sort - usually placed in the top menu somewhere.
- Select a funding method from the menu. Options can include**:
- USD Options: credit cards (or debit cards), echecks, P2P, bank wire, money transfer
- P2P options such as vouchers and Matchpay as well as 3rd party apps such as Venmo, Cash App, Paypal, Apple Pay, to name just a few.
- Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Shiba Inu, and many more.
- Follow the prompts for the funding method you have selected to initiate the transaction. Once completed - all that's left to do is place your bets.
Some sportsbook deposit methods carry transaction fees, and some are faster than others. If you're looking for the fastest option with the lowest fees and highest success rates, cryptocurrency is the way to go. In fact, there are usually no fees associated with these transactions. If you're not familiar with crypto and how to use it to fund your sports betting, check out our article that explains how to use cryptocurrency at sportsbooks.
Pro Tip: Be sure to check out the sportsbook's bonus offers and promotions before finalizing your deposit. Many of these offers are tied to your deposit and must be claimed during account funding.
**Funding methods vary from site to site and change often, this information is intended to give you an idea of the options offered by providing examples. This should not be considered an exhaustive list of options available. For up to date information you can visit any of our sportsbook reviews.
How To Withdraw Winnings From Sportsbooks
Now that you have placed a few successful wagers, it is time to withdraw your winnings. Offshore sportsbooks allow for withdrawals to be made using US dollars and crypto, with each providing their own unique portfolio of options**.
- The payout process begins by clicking on the withdraw button which is typically located in their main menu or member profile settings.
- The next step involves selecting your payout method from the menu of available options. The choices often include, but are not limited to, the following:
- US Dollar: Bank wire transfers, check by courier, third-party money transfer vendors, vouchers
- Person-to-person: Vouchers, MatchPay (allows USD and cryptocurrency withdrawals using Google Pay, Samsung Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, Cash App, and other popular money transfer services).
- Cryptocurrency: Withdrawals can be requested using Bitcoin and the most popular altcoins on the market today. The available choices vary depending on which sportsbook you are a member of.
- After you’ve chosen how you’d like to receive your payout, you’ll be walked through the process with a series of questions and prompts to enter the relevant information.
Most of the traditional or P2P payouts come with added fees, however, cryptocurrency withdrawals are usually free and allow for higher dollar transactions. Crypto disbursements arrive quickly because there are fewer restrictions that require additional processing. Cryptocurrency withdrawals are usually completed within 15 minutes to 24 hours of approval.
Pro Tip: If you have previously accepted a sportsbook bonus offer, make sure that all terms have been completed prior to requesting a payout. Promotional cash cannot be withdrawn until all playthrough conditions have been met and will result in the cancellation of the transaction if requested prematurely.
**The options for withdrawing cash winnings differ at each sportsbook, but all of them feature Bitcoin (BTC). This is only a sample of what online sportsbooks offer in their banking menus. These options are updated often at the sportsbooks to keep up with the demands of US-based members, so it’s best to review the banking suite menu regularly for updates.
Jacksonville Sports Betting Apps
The mobile sportsbooks that we recommend offer mobile betting through the use of web apps. These apps don't require a visit to the Google Play Store or App Store, as they are accessible through any current browser for iPhone, iPad, or Android devices.
These sports betting web apps act just like downloadable iPhone betting apps and Android betting apps, transforming smartphones into handheld betting stations for mobile gambling in Florida wherever you have a solid connection to the Internet.
iPhone Sports Betting In Jacksonville
Apple smartphones are able to pull up the absolute best iPhone sportsbook apps that we recommend by clicking on any of their links on this page. That is because offshore sportsbook apps don't require a download and can be pulled up anywhere in Jacksonville using mobile web browsers like Opera, Safari, and others. Betting on your iPhone, iPad, or any other web-ready device created by Apple is just a click away.
Android Sports Betting In Jacksonville
Samsung, Google Pixel, Motorola, and other top-rated Android smartphones can be utilized to bet on sports in Jacksonville right now as long as a web browser is installed as it is connected to the Internet. The Android sports betting apps listed on this page do not require a download at the Google Play Store as they're web-based, meaning the latest odds and lines can be pulled up in Florida immediately just by clicking on a sportsbook link and signing in.
Live Betting In JAX
Live betting odds allow gamblers to wager on games while they are in play. If you missed the start of the game or it is clear that your initial wager is going to fail, get back in on the action with a live bet on the halftime leader, updated winner odds, and ever-changing player and team props.
Live betting allows for more flexible wagering options that don't limit gamblers to pregame action, and it's the most immersive way to bet on sports online.
Popular Teams To Bet On In Jacksonville
Betting On The Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
The biggest show in town when it comes to professional sports are the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags play in the AFC South of the NFL and, unfortunately, have yet to attain a championship since their founding in 1995.
For Jaguars fans that are interested in NFL betting, we recommend the online sportsbooks in the table above because they are legally available for use in the state of Florida for sports gamblers that are at least 18 years of age. Offshore sports wagering options include betting on the Super Bowl, with preseason futures odds posted for most of the year that includes the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Betting On The Gator Bowl
TIAA Field is the home stadium for the Jaguars and is also host to the Gator Bowl, a postseason college football bowl game that has been in existence since 1946.
The Gator Bowl takes place on or around January 1 of each year, and it features competitions between top-ranked teams from the ACC, SEC, and the Big Ten college football conferences.
Betting odds for College Football Bowl Games debut each December once participating NCAAF teams are announced, and the Gator Bowl is no exception.
Betting On The Florida Gators vs. Georgia Bulldogs - The World's Largest Cocktail Party
Each year, the Gators play the Bulldogs at TIAA Field in what has been dubbed "The world's largest cocktail party," inspiring loads of action at NCAAF betting sites.
The game sees a huge amount of tailgating, as both sets of fans have to travel to TIAA Field, and it received the notorious nickname after a drunken fan offered an alcoholic beverage to an on-duty police officer.
The nickname is no longer used in an official capacity, but the game still generates increased betting activity due to its historical stature and import.
Super Bowl XXXIX
TIAA Field in Jacksonville was the host of Super Bowl 39, where the New England Patriots defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 24-21 for their third Lombardi Trophy.
The event was memorable because the area did not have enough hotel capacity for the incoming fans. As a solution, cruise ships docked off Jacksonville to house additional guests. Due to this complication, the NFL is unlikely to return to JAX for another Super Bowl.
Jacksonville Sports Betting FAQs For 2023
Retail Sportsbooks Near Jacksonville
Georgia is immediately north of Jacksonville, but the Peach State has not enacted laws allowing domestic sportsbooks. The closest sportsbook venue to Jacksonville resides within the Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Tampa, FL.