After two conference championship series that were taken to seven games, online MLB sportsbooks now have a 2023 World Series matchup to create odds for. The Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers will compete for this year’s World Series title, with the opening pitch of Game 1 scheduled for Friday night at 8:03 PM.
Preseason MLB futures are exponentially profitable whether you’re betting on the favorite or the lowest-ranked team to win the World Series. The Texas Rangers entered the 2023 season with +4500 odds to win the World Series.
The Arizona Diamondbacks held +10000 odds to win the World Series, suggesting that they had a minuscule chance of reaching the MLB Playoffs. Betting $1 on either Texas or Arizona back in February would result in respective payouts of $5.60 and $11 if they win it all this year.
World Series Game 1 betting lines favor the Texas Rangers by -1.5 runs at home.
2023 World Series Game 1 Runline
Arizona Diamondbacks @ Texas Rangers
- Spread: Arizona +1.5, Texas -1.5
- Moneyline Odds To Win Game 1: Arizona +141, Texas -170
- Over/Under: 8.0
The over/under for World Series betting on Game 1 is set at 8 runs, implying a final score of Rangers 5, Diamondbacks 3. Gamblers looking to wager on the first team to reach four wins can lay some action on the following World Series prices.
2023 MLB World Series Prices
- Texas Rangers -180
- Arizona Diamondbacks +145
The Rangers are favored to win their first-ever World Series championship in franchise history. The team was established in 1961, so local fans have been anticipating this moment for 62 years.
The Rangers -180 moneyline to win the World Series suggests a 64% chance for that outcome.
The Diamondbacks began operations in 1998 and quickly won a World Series title in 2001 behind the pitching efforts of veterans Kurt Schilling and Randy Johnson.
Arizona is coming into the Series as an underdog in 2023, but their odds are fairly close to even. The +145 that Bovada has posted for the Diamondbacks converts to a 40% likelihood of Arizona winning their second championship.
MLB World Series Prop Bets
Whether you want to bet on a single game or the entire series, prop bets are currently posted and taking action on a number of statistical achievements.
- World Series Odds For Most Hits: Corey Seager (TEX) +600, Marcus Semien (TEX) +900, Corbin Carroll (ARIZ) +1000
- World Series Odds For Most Home Runs: Corey Seager (TEX) +350, Adolis Garcia (TEX) +400, Mitch Garver (TEX) +500
- World Series Odds For Most RBIs: Corey Seager (TEX) +450, Jonah Heim (TEX) +500, Adolis Garcia (TEX) +650
- World Series Odds For Most Total Bases: Corey Seager (TEX) +200, Corbin Carroll (ARIZ) +600, Marcus Semien (TEX) +700
- World Series MVP Odds: Corey Seager (TEX) +500, Adolis Garcia (TEX) +550, Ketel Marte (ARIZ) +1000
The Rangers shortstop Corey Seager leads the 2023 World Series MVP odds, as well as props for most hits, home runs, runs batted in, and total bases. If Arizona ends up winning the World Series, payouts for the above prop bets will be massive if wagers are placed on the correct Diamondbacks player.