Sports Betting In Sacramento
- Online Sports Betting Available In Sacramento Via Offshore Sportsbooks
- No Domestic Sports Betting In Sacramento, California At This Time
- Legal CA Sports Betting To Be Placed On November 2022 Ballots
Sacramento is the capital city of California and home to the NBA's Sacramento King's. Although nowhere near the size of other major metropolitan areas in the state, such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, Sacramento still owns a piece of the empire when it comes to sports betting in California.
So what’s the deal with betting on sports in Sacramento? Is it legal? Well, yeah, it is legal, but we’ll get into that later in our all-inclusive betting guide for bettors located in Sacramento, CA. We’ll also dive into the types of bets you can expect to see, the best places to bet on sports, and some strategies that’ll help you along the way.
Is it Legal To Bet On Sports In Sacramento?
Yes, betting on sports in Sacramento, California, is legal if you use an online sportsbook operating offshore. The US Supreme Court's repeal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in 2018 removed all laws from the books regarding online sports wagering, meaning that it is not against the law unless the state you are in has enacted laws prohibiting it. California has not enacted any laws that regulate sports gaming, so using an offshore sportsbook is the only option for Sacramento bettors.
Another US federal gaming law to keep in mind is the Federal Wire Act. This law prohibits the transfer of funds across state lines for the purposes of gambling. It intends to restrict out of state bettors from placing a wager with an institution that is located in another state via electronic means.
Best Sportsbooks For Legal Sports Betting In Sacramento, California
These top-rated offshore sportsbooks below have been vetted using our exhaustive review process, and have met the following criteria for online gaming excellence:
- Preferred sportsbooks have been in operation for many years and have established consistent high-level performance in payouts and customer support.
- These offshore sportsbooks handle millions of dollars per day in online transactions and utilize the most current forms of currency, including Bitcoin.
- They operate using industry-standard exceeding cybersecurity and encryption technologies for a secure sports betting experience.
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|3||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|4||125% Max $3,125||Visit Site
|5||100% Max $500||Visit Site
|6||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
How To Legally Bet On Sports In Sacramento
Since the state of California has yet to pass legislation that regulates sports betting, the only legal option for bettors located in Sacramento, CA, is to place a wager with an offshore sportsbook operating online. Here are the steps required for signing up with a top sportsbook.
- Once you’ve decided which online sportsbook you want to join, go to their website and click the link to register. You’ll be taken to a screen that’ll ask for personal data such as your name and address, and the creation of a login and password will be required.
- You’ll next be led to a screen asking for a deposit to set up your initial bankroll. No bets can be made with the online sportsbook until a deposit has been made. Major credit and debit cards, wire transfers, and Bitcoin are accepted.
- Once you’ve deposit funds, you can then navigate to the sport you want to bet on and place a wager.
- Watch the game and collect your winnings when it's over!
Mobile Sports Betting in Sacramento
Our top recommended sportsbooks offer web apps which are accessible via all major mobile web browsers such as Safari or Google. These web apps are graphically enhanced to adhere to your screen size and create an authentic app-like experience. The best sportsbooks prefer the use of web browsers to ensure maximum levels of security that exceed industry standards.
Best Teams To Bet On In Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Kings (NBA)
The Sacramento Kings first established their realm in California’s state capital in 1985 and have since developed a loyal base of subjects in the fiefdom. Despite the leadership suggested in the team's name, the Kings have yet to bring an NBA championship home to Sacramento. Still, they remain competitive in the league's Pacific Division and are poised to win the Western Conference any year now. You can bet on the NBA to maintain a substantial presence in Sacramento for years to come.
Sacramento, California Sports Betting FAQs
Can I legally bet on sports occurring outside of California?
Yes, sportsbooks offer betting lines on athletic contests occurring around the world, and nothing is restricting you from betting on them. You don't have to limit yourself to Sacramento Kings' betting lines. There are dozens of contests going on at any given time, so select the betting line you are interested in and place a wager.
Can I bet on sports using a sportsbook located in another state?
No. The Federal Wire Act prohibits the transfer of funds across state lines for gambling. The only way you can bet with a regulated, in-state sportsbook is to visit that sportsbook in-person or place a wager online while located within the same state as that sportsbook if mobile betting is allowed in that region. Most in-state sportsbooks that allow for online gaming featuring IP tracking software that doesn't allow bettors outside of the state to place wagers.
What’s the best advice for Sacramento sports bettors?
The first thing you will need to consider is your budget. Decide how much of your disposable income you can dedicate toward wagering. Once you've got that settled, you'll need to develop a betting limit. Most seasoned gamblers will limit themselves to a maximum bet of 3% of their total bankroll, but you can adjust as you see fit. The final piece of advice is to join multiple sportsbooks and shop the odds. Each sportsbook will offer different odds, so you’ll want the flexibility to surf the odds for the wave that’ll provide the gnarliest payout.