Sports Betting In Columbus
- Online Sports Betting Available In Columbus Via Offshore Sportsbooks
- No Domestic Sports Betting In Georgia As Of December 2022
- Legislative Movement Toward Sports Betting: Yes
Situated a little over 100 miles southwest of Atlanta, Georgia, is the city of Columbus. Although GA does not allow for domestic sportsbooks, legal sports betting in Columbus is available now by becoming a member of an offshore betting site.
This page is designed specifically for potential bettors that are visiting or living in the Columbus area that want to know what options there are for legal sports betting in Georgia.
Our guide includes a list of the best sportsbooks that accept Columbus-based gamblers as members and will inform as to what can be expected to find upon arriving there. We'll also detail the legalities of sports betting in Columbus so that gamblers can place wagers on their favorite teams with confidence.
Is Bovada Legal In Columbus, GA?
Bovada Sportsbook #1 USA Betting Site
- Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1,000
- Operating From The Legal Jurisdiction Of Costa Rica
- Same Day Payouts with Bitcoin
- Options to Use Venmo, Paypal with Vouchers
- Also Offers Casino, Poker, and Horse Racing
- Wide Selection of Sports Coverage & Wagering Options
- Does Not Accept Players From NJ, NV, DE, NY, or MD
Is Sports Betting Legal In Columbus, GA?
Yes. Sports betting is currently legal in Columbus, GA as long as wagers are placed with an online sportsbook operating legally overseas.
Georgia currently has bills that are making their way through the state legislature that could legalize domestic sportsbooks, but until that happens, offshore betting sites are the best option for those in the Columbus area.
Although offshore sportsbooks are not sanctioned by state or federal gambling laws, these laws also do not restrict this type of online sports betting entertainment. This allows Georgia bettors to place a wager on their favorite team with a legitimate online betting site without fear of prosecution or arrest.
Offshore Sports Betting In Columbus
Georgia is like all other US States in that there are no laws that prohibit offshore sports betting sites from accepting members from inside its borders and allowing them to wager on pro and college games.
Until domestic sportsbooks are approved by the GA legislature, offshore sports betting sites like the ones featured in this guide are the best and only option available for placing a wager on pro and college games and matches.
Sportsbook Bonus Offers & Promotions
When signing up as a new member at an online betting site, bettors will be given the opportunity to take advantage of various welcome bonuses, typically based on the amount of your first deposit. Reload bonuses are designed to keep sports fans coming back and are also usually designed as a deposit match bonus.
Sportsbooks are also frequently incentivizing their members to use cryptocurrency to deposit funds into their accounts and often offer an even sweeter deal with their bonuses for Bitcoin deposits or other crypto funding.
We advise reading through the terms and conditions of any bonus offer as it may contain obligations that might not be best suited for your betting frequency.
- Bovada Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use Bovada Bonus Code BVD1000
- MyBookie Sign Up Bonus: 100% Deposit Match Up To $1000 – Use MyBookie Promo Code MYB100
- BetUS Sign Up Bonus: 125% Deposit Match Up To $3,125 – Use BetUS Promo Code Join125
- Betonline Sign Up Bonus: 50% Deposit Match Up To $1000 - Use Betonline Promo Code BOL1000
How To Deposit Funds Into Your Sportsbook Account
Before you can place any bets at a Columbus sportsbook, members must deposit funds into their online accounts by performing the following actions:
- Either at the top of the sportsbook screen or inside the member profile section, there will be a deposit button that will initiate the account funding process.
- Members can now select from the massive variety of banking options at our top sportsbook sites. Deposit options include but are not limited to:
- US Dollar Methods: credit cards, debit cards, bank wire transfers, third-party money transfers, vouchers.
- Person-To-Person: MatchPay (allows for USD and cryptocurrency deposits using vouchers, PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, and other similar providers), vouchers.
- Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Ethereum, and many more.
- Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit and click the submit button. Be mindful that each online sportsbook has its own minimum deposit amount.
One reason that we prefer cryptocurrency deposits over USD methods is that there are almost never any attached fees, and transactions complete much faster.
Pro Tip: Before finalizing your deposit, check out the promo section of the online sportsbook because they usually offer to match a percentage of your first account upload and add it to your bankroll.
Our top-rated offshore sportsbooks offer a wide variety of financial options for deposit and withdrawal, and only a few of them have been listed above. For a complete picture of what each site allows for deposits, check out our sportsbook reviews for more info.
How To Withdraw Winnings From Sportsbooks
We can't think of a more important function of a sportsbook site than withdrawing your cash winnings. Here's how it's done.
- Locate the withdrawal button within the overhead menu on any page within the sportsbook or inside of your user profile.
- The next item of business is selecting the payment method by which your sports betting winnings will be delivered to you. Each book has its own unique banking portfolio, but common options include:
- USD: check by courier delivery, bank wire transfers, vouchers, third-party money transfer vendors.
- P2P: vouchers, MatchPay (allows for withdrawals via Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Cash App, vouchers, altcoins, and many more popular monetary service providers).
- Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin, Shiba Inu, Solana, Binance Coin, and many more!
- Now members must type in the amount they wish to withdraw as well as any routing information that is requested in order to finalize the transaction.
Sports bettors in Columbus will be able to select from a much greater number of financial options for deposit and withdrawal than what we've included in this section. It is also worth mentioning that crypto withdrawals do not incur added fees and can arrive within the same day.
Pro Tip: If you opted for a sportsbook bonus offer when depositing funds into your account, ensure that all terms have been completed because if not, it could result in the cancellation of your transaction.
Don't sweat it if you don't see your favorite withdrawal option listed above, as what we've included here is only a small selection of what's available online.
Columbus Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting on iPads, iPhones, and Android devices is becoming more popular each year, and the online sportsbooks that we've listed in this guide provide mobile betting through their web-based applications that are accessible through mobile browsers (Chrome, Google, Opera, Safari, Firefox).
Simply clicking on one of the betting site links we've provided using a current mobile device will instantly access the full breadth of offerings that the regular website provides, all without the hassle of a visit to the Google Play or App Store.
iPhone Sports Betting In Columbus
If you are interested in the best iPhone sports betting apps or iPad sportsbooks that are available in Columbus, all that is required is a mobile web browser installed on your current Apple device. By clicking on any offshore sports betting site that we recommend, iPhones become mobile sportsbooks that can access all the lines, props, and futures featured on the desktop site. Wagers can be placed from anywhere in Columbus that bettors choose.
Android Sports Betting In Columbus
There are also Android sportsbook apps that allow for legal bets to be placed on sports using popular Samsung, Google, Motorola, and other popular Android smartphone and tablets in Columbus, Georgia. Offshore sports betting sites can be accessed using Android devices just by clicking on the links that we've provided in this guide. Gamblers aren't missing out on any odds or lines because everything is ported to their sportsbook apps for Android.
Live Betting In Columbus
Wagers on athletic contests are no longer confined to being placed prior to the opening whistle. Live betting allows for wagering throughout the game or contest with odds that update until the final seconds tick off the clock.
Bets can be made on updated odds for the ultimate winner, prop bets, quarter leaders, halftime leaders, and totals. You can continue wagering throughout the game with the live betting that our recommended offshore sportsbooks provide.
Legal Columbus Sports Betting FAQs
Absolutely. Although there aren't many significant teams located in Columbus, it is extremely likely that there will be betting lines featured on the Troy University Trojans and their opponents in the Sun Belt Conference.
Yes. Betting on the Super Bowl is offered at all of the offshore sportsbooks that we recommend for Columbus-based gamblers. Futures odds for NFL champions are on the board all year long, and game lines for all pro football teams are offered during the entire regular season and playoffs.
Atlanta is not very far away from Columbus and is home to the Falcons (NFL), Hawks (NBA), and Braves (MLB), and bets can be made on their regular season and playoffs games. Wagers can also be placed on the NASCAR races that occur at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Yes. It is legal to bet on the University of Georgia and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets when using an offshore betting site in Columbus. When visiting the college sports section of one of our top-rated sportsbooks, you'll have access to betting lines for colleges that are located around the entire country.
Retail Sportsbooks Near Columbus
The closest in-person sportsbooks to Columbus, GA, are located inside the town of Cherokee, North Carolina, housed inside of two separate casinos operated by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians of North Carolina. These brick-and-mortar sportsbooks allow for 21 and older patrons to enter and wager on sports.
Regional Professional Sports Teams
- Atlanta Falcons (NFL)
- Atlanta Braves (MLB)
- Atlanta Hawks (MLB)
- Atlanta United FC (MLS)