Legal XFL Betting Guide
The XFL is currently in the process of selling the organization to three investors. If the deal is approved by the bankruptcy court then we could be betting on XFL action again in the near future.
Set to begin immediately after the NFL season concludes, the XFL is doing its part in creating a longer football season for fans. A longer season equals more action for legal betting on the XFL - something that should be very well received despite this being an inaugural season.
Sharing its name with the defunct XFL that played a single season in 2001, the upcoming season for the revitalized XFL will introduce a cleaner, quicker approach to its predecessor and the rivaling NFL.
This guide will help sports bettors of all types capitalize on America’s newest professional football league in the inaugural 2020 season. We provided recommended XFL betting sites, the history, and the latest trends of the XFL, plus any extra information and resources needed to maximize bankroll throughout the season.
Is it legal to bet on the XFL?
The XFL offers a unique opportunity to fans for betting.
First, like most sports, entertainment, and political wagering, Americans can gamble on outcomes in two ways: domestically and offshore. For certain fans, their home state may already allow locally licensed sports betting, meaning they can bet with a few clicks on a mobile app or by visiting their local sportsbook.
For everyone else, the second option is to gamble at offshore, online XFL betting sites. According to US federal gambling laws there are no prohibitions for placing bets at offshore sportsbooks that are operating legally within the industry.
However, what makes the XFL unique is its in-house connection to the sports betting world. League founder Vince McMahon is a minority stakeholder in DraftKings and the league has expressed an interest in running their fantasy football and betting operation through the service.
Not only that, but the league also hopes states with domestic sports betting will expand to every state that hosts a team, allowing the XFL to fully integrate sports wagering into the game.
Best Online Sportsbooks for Legally Betting on the XFL
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $250||Visit Site |
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site |
|3||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site |
|4||50% Max $300||Visit Site |
XFL Betting Odds For The 2020 Season
XFL Odds are being posted by premium online sportsbooks, including weekly game line odds and futures odds for the 2020 XFL Championship game. Below you'll find the current XFL betting odds found at top-rated online sportsbooks, however, our XFL Playoffs betting guide goes into further detail about betting on the postseason.
What is the XFL?
Although it shares its name and trademark with the defunct 2001 iteration of the XFL, the 2020 revitalization of the league is all its own. On January 25, 2018, the newly formed Alpha Entertainment, a media investment conglomerate founded by McMahon, announced a revival of the XFL.
The XFL will have eight teams in its inaugural season, all of which are owned by the league, and will play over the course of a 10-week season with a two-week postseason. The XFL will not allow cheerleaders, political protests, or convicted felons because, as McMahon put it: “people don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained.” However, players will not be barred from using cannabis, nor will they be tested for it.
Aside from trying to make the XFL more compact on the outside, the league’s goal is to also make their game runtimes more concise, too. Originally shooting for a two-hour window, the XFL now plans to finish their game in less than two-and-a-half hours. For comparison, a standard NFL game runs a little over three hours.
The first season of the XFL will feature eight teams, split up evenly into a Western and Eastern Conference. The league has also already started to plan their expansion, listing a future second Dallas team as the ninth squad overall.
- Dallas Renegades
- Houston Roughnecks
- Los Angeles Wildcats
- Seattle Dragons
- DC Defenders
- New York Guardians
- Louis BattleHawks
- Tampa Bay Vipers
- Additional Dallas team TBA
The 2020 XFL draft format
Before the start of the draft in October, coaches submitted their lists of preferred quarterbacks. After the submissions, the league allocated each team one “tier 1” QB to each of the eight teams.
After the quarterback allocation, the official draft began. Done through a snake format similar to fantasy football drafts, each phase of the draft featured a different selection of specifics positions.
- Phase 1: 10 rounds for offensive skill positions (quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends)
- Phase 2: 10 rounds for offensive linemen (offensive tackles, guards, and centers)
- Phase 3: 10 rounds for the defensive front seven (defensive linemen and linebackers)
- Phase 4: 10 rounds for defensive backs (cornerbacks and safeties)
- Phase 5: 30 rounds for the open draft (any position, including special teams)
Important XFL dates
- Draft: October 15-16, 2019
- Season begins: February 8, 2020
- Championship game: April 26, 2020 - canceled
- Point spread- the set margin of victory needed for the favored team. (ex. Dallas -5.5; Dallas must win by 6 or more.)
- Money line- a bet solely on the winner and loser of the matchup in which odds determine the payout for the winning team. (ex. New York -300; a $300 bet on New York’s win would payout $100.)
- Over/under- the total number of points expected to be scored by one or both teams for a specific time frame. (ex. over/under 49.5 total points for Tampa Bay vs. Houston; betting on the over means a prediction of 50 or more points.)
- Prop bet- bets made on anything not directly affecting the outcome of the game. (ex. total number of times the DC quarterback is sacked.)
- Parlay- betting on multiple lines in an attempt to earn a larger payout. All bets must win for the bet to pay.
- Future- bets made as long-term predictions. (ex. Los Angeles +225 for the XFL Championship.)
Resources for the XFL
As the XFL is a new league, one of the best sources available is their official website. Information on the league, its teams, and its players are all available on the site. Once the season officially begins, expect to see statistics, standings, and win/loss records here, too.