Week 11 of the 2021-22 NFL season draws to a close this evening as the top odds getter in the Super Bowl 56 betting odds from the NFC are an 11.5 favorite at home. That’s hardly a recipe for an intriguing matchup, but a little sprinkle of NFL betting into tonight’s activities will have viewers tuned in until the closing seconds.
Here is the Monday Night Football line for betting on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New York Giants.
New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Giants Point Spread: +11.0
- Giants Moneyline: +400
- Buccaneers Point Spread: -11.0
- Buccaneers Moneyline: -565
- Over/Under: 49.5
- Projected Score: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, New York Giants 19
The above line offered up by Bovada Sportsbook has all the makings of a Buccaneers’ beatdown of the Giants, but the NFL point spread of 11 points in favor of Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is inordinately high.
Perhaps there is some room to earn a little extra bankroll for those brave enough to bet on the Giants to cover on Monday Night Football? Here is some rationale to support New York’s potential to keep it closer than the projected margin of 11 points.
How The Giants Can Cover Against The Bucs On MNF
- With oft-injured Giants running back Saquan Barkley missing yet another game, the New York offense will have a harder time finding balance against a stacked Tampa Bay defense. Devonte Booker has been a bright spot in relief of Barkley, averaging north of 4 yards a carry in New York’s last two contests against the Las Vegas Raiders and the Kansas City Chiefs. A steady dose of Booker is expected for tonight, and so far he’s been performing well enough to give New York receivers a little room to operate in the secondary.
- The Giants’ play calling and offensive scheme has been more adaptive to the defenses that they are facing as of late. Last week’s victory over Las Vegas is proof that New York can get the job done without the need for huge numbers out of the passing game.
- The Giants’ record against the spread this year is 5-4 so far, and although that’s not an overwhelming indicator of MNF success, it does indicate that oddsmakers have been routinely underestimating them.
- The Giants are desperate for a win as it will pull them even with the Washington Football Team in the NFC East standings. With the New Orleans Saints losing yesterday to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Bucanneers’ lead in the NFC South just became a little comfier so perhaps there could be some residual effects that appear onfield tonight.
- The key ingredient to the Giants covering tonight against the Buccaneers is Danny Dimes. As we’ve already mentioned, a herculean statistical total is not required of Daniel Jones. He simply needs to manage the game and provide flash where it is available because forcing the ball into the Tampa Bay secondary could open up the door for a pick-6 or two. If Jones can avoid falling into those traps, there’s a solid chance of them keeping it closer than 11 points.
Be sure to place your bets on tonight’s game prior to kickoff, or indulge in some live NFL betting odds once Monday Night Football gets underway.