Legal Betting on the 2020 XFL Playoffs
The XFL has announced that the league will resume operations in 2022 under new ownership.
With so much attention on the XFL and their unique brand of football, the excitement is sure to explode once playoff time rolls around. Is it legal to bet on the XFL playoffs, and if so, where is the best place to wager on the XFL Championship game?
Read on as we take a deep dive into everything that you’ll need to know to successfully navigate the world of betting on the XFL playoffs.
Is it legal to bet on the XFL Playoffs?
Yes, betting on the XFL playoffs is legal and depending on where you are placing your bets from, you may have several options for getting in on the action.
The repeal of PAPSA allowed for individual US states to control whether they allowed for domestic sports betting entertainment inside of their borders. If you live in a state that has opted for in-state, regulated gaming, then you can visit your nearest in-state sportsbook and place a wager on the XFL playoffs.
The other option for betting on the XFL playoffs is using an offshore, online sportsbook, which is accessible to nearly everyone in the United States. There are no federal laws that prohibit fans in the US from placing bets on XFL games at online sportsbooks that are operating legally within the industry, such as the sites listed on this page.
Only two states prohibit online gambling altogether through their state gambling laws: Connecticut and Washington. Although New Jersey does not impose this type of law within their state's statutes, they have convinced most reputable offshore sportsbooks to voluntarily block residents from the Garden State.
Best Online Sportsbooks for Betting on the XFL Playoffs
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|50% Max $250||Visit Site
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|3||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|4||100% Max $500||Visit Site
|5||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
XFL Playoff Odds
Betting lines for the 2022 XFL playoffs have yet to be revealed, but we will update this section as soon as they become available.
How to Bet on the XFL Playoffs Online
Betting on the XFL playoffs online can be intimidating, but it is quite simple. By using our easy to follow steps below, you'll be wagering on the XFL playoffs within minutes.
- Decide where you will place your bet on the XFL playoffs. If you have the option of using a local sportsbook, then you can place a wager directly with them. If you opt to place a bet with an online sportsbook, then we suggest using one of our recommended offshore betting sites.
- Sign up for an account. This involves entering basic information about yourself such as your address, date of birth, and email address. We recommend that you sign up at multiple sportsbooks so that you can easily shop for the best lines and odds available.
- Fund your account. A monetary deposit is required before you can place a wager with the sportsbook, and there are several options to do this, including debit or credit card and cryptocurrency. You do not have to actually make a deposit until you are ready to place your bets. Be sure to investigate the bonus options that the sportsbook provides.
- Place your Bets!! Once your registration is complete, you can then begin to browse betting lines and place wagers. If access to XFL betting lines is not presented prominently on the main page, then it will almost certainly be placed under the Football tab. Once you find the betting line that interests you, click on it and choose the amount that you want to risk.
Types of Bets offered for the XFL Postseason games
The betting lines that are provided for XFL playoff games are similar, if not the same as, the types of bets presented when betting on the NFL or NCAA football. Most online sportsbooks will offer the following types of wagers:
- Point Spread
- Money Line
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Prop Bets
About the XFL Playoffs
- The XFL Playoffs begin the weekend following the conclusion of the XFL’s 10-game regular season.
- Four teams will advance to the XFL playoffs.
- The Eastern Conference champion will face off against the team that placed second in the conference.
- The Western Conference champion will play the second-place team in the conference.
- The winners of the two conference championship games will advance to the XFL Championship game, where the Champion of the XFL will be determined.
- The Eastern Conference playoffs take place on Saturday, April 18, at 3 PM at the Eastern Conference champion's home stadium.
- The Western Conference champions will host the Western Conference Playoff on Sunday, April 19, at 3 PM.
- XFL Championship Game will be played on Sunday, April 26, at 3 PM, at TDECU Stadium in Houston, Texas.
XFL Playoff Bracket
- Eastern Conference Playoffs: Saturday, April 18 at 3 PM - canceled
- Western Conference Playoffs: Sunday, April 19 at 3 PM - canceled
- XFL Championship Game: Sunday, April 26 at 3 PM - canceled
Our XFL Playoff Predictions
The XFL has just completed their first weekend of games, so these post-season projections have been made using a small window of data. Based on what we’ve seen on the field through week one, and the odds that have been presented so far, here are our projections:
Eastern Conference Playoffs: DC Defenders vs. St. Louis BattleHawks
Western Conference Playoffs: Houston Roughnecks vs. Dallas Renegades
XFL Championship Game: DC Defenders vs. Houston Roughnecks
2020 XFL Champion: Houston Roughnecks