- The Power Of The Dog Leads Academy Awards Betting Odds To Win Best Picture
- Watch The 94th Academy Awards Can Be Seen On ABC (3/27/22 at 8 PM)
- Oscars Are Awarded To Films Released Between 3/1/21 & 12/31/21
The nominations for the 94th Academy Awards have been revealed, prompting entertainment betting sites to produce odds on each category.
The Power of the Dog, a Netflix drama set in the wild west leads all other films with 12 total Oscar nominations, and is currently on top of the betting odds to win Best Picture for Academy Awards betting.
Odds To Win Best Picture
- The Power Of The Dog -275
- Belfast +500
- West Side Story +800
- Drive My Car +1500
- Licorice Pizza +1500
- Don’t Look Up +2000
- CODA +2500
- Dune +2500
- King Richard +3000
- Nightmare Alley +7000
The Power of the Dog odds are also favorable in four out of the other five major Oscar categories for Actors, Actresses, and Director. The potential for a sweep should be noted in categories where the Oscar odds are highest because that is where the biggest profit potential lies.
Best Supporting Actor Odds
- Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Power Of The Dog) -250
- Troy Kotsur (CODA) +350
- Ciaran Hinds (Belfast) +700
- Jesse Plemons (The Power Of The Dog) +2000
- JK Simmons (Being The Ricardos) +2500
For instance, a wager of $2.50 must be made in order to win $1 on Kodi Smit-McPhee bagging the Best Supporting Actor honors in the above entertainment prop bet because he is so heavily favored.
Best Supporting Actress Odds
- Ariana DeBose (West Side Story) -300
- Kirsten Dunst (The Power Of The Dog) +275
- Aunjanue Ellis (King Richard) +1500
- Jessie Buckley (The Lost Daughter) +2000
- Judi Dench (Belfast) +2500
The same cannot be said for betting on Kirsten Dunst to win Best Supporting Actress as $1 wagers on her +275 moneyline will net Oscars gamblers $2.75. The exact same +275 moneyline odds are paced on Benedict Cumberbatch’s chances of winning Best Actor.
Odds To Win Best Actor
- Will Smith (King Richard) -250
- Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power Of The Dog) +275
- Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick… Boom!) +700
- Denzel Washington (The Tragedy Of Macbeth) +3000
- Javier Bardem (Being The Ricardos) +4000
Best Director odds for 2022 seem to be a lock for Jane Champion for her work on The Power Of The Dog, and she is separated from her nearest competitor, Kenneth Branagh, by 1600 points in the moneyline.
Odds To Win Best Director
- Jane Campion (The Power Of The Dog) -700
- Kenneth Branagh (Belfast) +900
- Steven Spielberg (West Side Story) +1000
- Ryusuke Hamaguchi (Drive My Car) +1400
- Paul Thomas Anderson (Licorice Pizza) +2000
Best Actress betting lines favor Nicole Kidman to earn her second Academy Award, this time for her performance as Lucille Ball in Being the Ricardos, an Amazon original movie.
Odds To Win Best Actress
- Nicole Kidman (Being The Ricardos) +120
- Kristen Stewart (Spencer) +275
- Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter) +275
- Jessica Chastain (The Eyes Of Tammy Faye) +600
- Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers) +2000
A surprising contender for Best Actress is Kristen Stewart who played Princess Diana in Spencer. While not known for her acting chops, apparently Stewart turns in a worthy performance that stirred some controversy upon release due to the nature of how eating disorders were portrayed.
As more Oscar buzz develops between now and showtime on March 27th, the Academy Awards betting odds will shift. Make your Oscar bets now if you see a moneyline that intrigues you, and don’t forget about The Power Of The Dog’s potential to sweep when laying some action!