If you’re looking for an action-packed weekend of college football, then Week 3 probably isn’t your best bet—but that doesn’t mean there isn’t value on the odds board.
For the nation’s Top 25 teams, most are huge favorites with little competition standing in their way of an easy win.
There are, however, a few in-state rivalries and close game predictions among the nation’s top squads.
Below you’ll find the point spread, over/under, odds, game information, and analysis for each of the matchups involving Top-25 FBS teams.
And if you want to learn more on how to bet on the NCAA level of play, then head on over to our college football betting guide.
Top-25 College Football Betting Lines For Week 3
#1 Clemson vs. Syracuse
- Spread: CLEM -27.5
- Over/Under: 59
- Odds: CLEM 96.88%, SU 3.12%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:30 pm ET on ABC
- Location: Carrier Dome ‒ Syracuse, NY
- Analysis: Although the Orange gave Clemson a scare last season, barely losing 23-27 to the eventual champions, it doesn’t look like Syracuse will have the same success this year. QB Trevor Lawrence is off to a weak start this season, tallying 2 TDs and 3 INTs, but the Tigers should be fine on the road regardless.
#2 Alabama vs. South Carolina
- Spread: ALA -26
- Over/Under: 60
- Odds: ALA 96.03%, SC 3.97%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 3:30 pm ET on CBS
- Location: Williams-Brice Stadium ‒ Columbia, SC
- Analysis: South Carolina upset Alabama 35-21 in 2010. While they weren’t expected to do it then and they still did, the Gamecocks aren’t likely to repeat such a feat anytime soon. Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa is proving why he’s a Heisman favorite and there doesn’t look to be much resistance coming from South Carolina.
#3 Georgia vs. Arkansas State
- Spread: UGA -33.5
- Over/Under: 57
- Odds: UGA 99%, ASU 1%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 12:00 pm ET on ESPN2
- Location: Sanford Stadium ‒ Athens, GA
- Analysis: Georgia’s Week 3 matchup against Arkansas State shouldn’t be anything more than practice drills for the Bulldogs on Saturday. As a Top 3 powerhouse playing at home against a team that some players probably didn’t even know existed, UGA is going to hit them hard.
#4 LSU vs. Northwestern State
- Spread: LSU -51
- Over/Under: 66
- Odds: LSU 99.97%, NSU 0.03%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:30 pm ET on SEC Network
- Location: Tiger Stadium ‒ Baton Rouge, LA
- Analysis: LSU is off a big win against Texas last week. To celebrate, they get to play the FCS Northwestern State Demons. The only positive about this game is that Northwestern State only has to travel 200 miles to get demolished.
#5 Oklahoma vs. UCLA
- Spread: OU -23
- Over/Under: 73
- Odds: OU 93.72%, UCLA 6.28%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 8:00 pm ET on FOX
- Location: Rose Bowl ‒ Pasadena, CA
- Analysis: UCLA head coach Chip Kelly says poor practices and lack of consistency have led to the team’s 0-2 start. After this weekend, when the Bruins’ inevitable lose against the Oklahoma Sooners, Kelly will probably be saying something different: “Someone please hire me.”
#6 Ohio State vs. Indiana
- Spread: OSU -15.5
- Over/Under: 61
- Odds: OSU 85.47%, IU 14.53%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 12:00 pm ET on FOX
- Location: Memorial Stadium ‒ Bloomington, IN
- Analysis: The Ohio State Buckeyes get to coast throughout the first half of their season; their first real opponent isn’t until October 5 against Michigan State. For now, Ohio State is a heavy favorite against Indiana. The Hoosiers, however, are averaging 43 points in 2019, so anything can happen Saturday.
#7 Notre Dame vs. New Mexico
- Spread: ND -34.5
- Over/Under: 61.5
- Odds: ND 99.20%, UNM 0.80%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 2:30 pm ET on NBC
- Location: Notre Dame Stadium ‒ Notre Dame, IN
- Analysis: The Fighting Irish should get an easy win at home this weekend, taking on the New Mexico. Here’s some insider information: this is the only game in Week 3 to feature a French-language university name (Notre Dame is “Our Lady” in French) against a Spanish-language mascot (Lobos is “Wolves” in Spanish).
#8 Auburn vs. Kent State
- Spread: AUB -35
- Over/Under: 51.5
- Odds: AUB 99.30%, KSU 0.70%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN2
- Location: Jordan-Hare Stadium ‒ Auburn, AL
- Analysis: The Auburn Tigers are on a nice streak right now. After defeating the Oregon Ducks in Week 1, then Tulane in Week 2. This week, the Tigers are playing Kent State at home and are projected to win easily. Kent State, on the other hand, barely won in OT last week and lost in Week 1.
#9 Florida vs. Kentucky
- Spread: UF -7.5
- Over/Under: 50
- Odds: UF 73.22%, UK 26.78%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Location: Kroger Field ‒ Lexington, KY
- Analysis: Of all the Top 10 matchups this weekend, The Florida-Kentucky game has the best chance at an upset. The Gators are only 7.5 point favorites and the Wildcats have scored 38 in two consecutive games to start the season.
#11 Utah vs. Idaho State
- Spread: Utah -36.5
- Over/Under: 64
- Odds: Utah 99.43%, ISU 0.57%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 4:15 pm ET on Pac 12 Network
- Location: Rice-Eccles Stadium ‒ Salt Lake City, UT
- Analysis: As another Top 25 team going against an FCS team, the Utah Utes will have no problem with the Bengals. Utah is averaging over 32 points in 2019 while being 36.5 point favorites in Week 3. It could get ugly for Idaho State.
#12 Texas vs. Rice
- Spread: UT -31.5
- Over/Under: 56.5
- Odds: UT 98.54%, Rice 1.46%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 8:00 pm ET on CBSSN
- Location: NRG Stadium ‒ Houston, Texas
- Analysis: You can’t really call it an in-state rivalry, but it’s an in-state game nonetheless. The Texas Longhorns are coming into Week 3 looking to redeem their season after a tough loss to LSU last week. The Rice Owls are the unfortunate recipients of said wrath. Look for Texas to score early and often.
#13 Penn State vs. Pittsburgh
- Spread: PSU -17
- Over/Under: 54
- Odds: PSU 87.94%, Pitt 12.05%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 12:00 pm ET on ABC
- Location: Beaver Stadium ‒ University Park, PA
- Analysis: As an actual in-state rivalry, Penn State is favored over Pittsburgh at 17 points. The Nittany Lions scored 79 in Week 1 and 45 in Week 2. Pitt’s two weeks of combined scores don’t even equal PSU’s Week 2 total.
#15 Oregon vs. Montana
- Spread: UO -36
- Over/Under: 65
- Odds: UO 99.36%, UM 0.64%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 10:45 pm ET on Pac 12 Network
- Location: Autzen Stadium ‒ Eugene, OR
- Analysis: After losing to Auburn in Week 1, Oregon scored 77 on Nevada in Week 2. Now the Ducks will take on the Montana Grizzlies in Eugene, OR in Week 3. Oregon is a 36 point favorite, only giving Montana a 0.64% chance of upsetting the Ducks.
#16 Texas A&M vs. Lamar
- Spread: TAMU -43.5
- Over/Under: 63
- Odds: TAMU 99.56%, Lamar 0.44%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:00 pm ET on ESPNU
- Location: Kyle Field ‒ College Station, TX
- Analysis: In a matchup similar to UT-Rice, Texas A&M is also taking on another small Texas team. The Aggies didn’t do as well as they had hoped against Clemson in Week 2, so they hope to bounce back against a weaker opponent in the Lamar Cardinals. Lamar is actually undefeated this season but against other FCS teams.
#17 UCF vs. Stanford
- Spread: UCF -7.5
- Over/Under: 59
- Odds: UCF 73.22%, STAN 26.78%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 3:30 pm ET on ESPN
- Location: Spectrum Stadium ‒ Orlando, FL
- Analysis: Stanford didn’t fare too well against USC last week, losing 20-45. Nevertheless, the Cardinal is only a 7.5 point underdog against the UCF Knights. Central Florida has only played weaker in-state talent so far, beating Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic, so Stanford will be the team’s first test of 2019.
#18 Michigan State vs. Arizona State
- Spread: MSU -13.5
- Over/Under: 44.5
- Odds: MSU 82.30%, ASU 17.70%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 4:00 pm ET on FOX
- Location: Spartan Stadium ‒ East Lansing, MI
- Analysis: In 2019, Arizona State has beaten Kent State, Sacramento State, and now play Michigan State. If name patterns are anything to bet on, ASU could defeat their third “State” opponent in as many weeks. The Spartans are still 13.5 point favorites over the Sun Devils, so only time will tell which will prevail.
#19 Iowa vs. Iowa State
- Spread: Iowa -2
- Over/Under: 44
- Odds: Iowa 55.47%, ISU 44.53%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 4:00 pm ET on FS1
- Location: Jack Trice Stadium ‒ Ames, IA
- Analysis: The game between Iowa and Iowa State could be the best of the week. An in-state rivalry game where the ranked Iowa Hawkeyes only have a 2 point advantage could lead to a nice upset victory for the ISU Cyclones.
#20 Washington State vs. Houston
- Spread: WSU -9
- Over/Under: 75
- Odds: WSU 75.18%, HOU 24.82%
- Kickoff: Friday, September 13 at 9:15 pm ET on ESPN
- Location: NRG Stadium ‒ Houston, TX
- Analysis: It’s bound to be a shootout in Houston this weekend between the two Cougars squads. The Washington State Cougars are averaging 58.5 points this season while the Houston Cougars are average 43 with the over/under at 75 total points. Washington State is a 9 point favorite on the road.
#21 Maryland vs. Temple
- Spread: UM -7
- Over/Under: 64
- Odds: UM 70.92%, TEM 29.08%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:30 pm ET on CBSSN
- Location: Lincoln Financial Field ‒ Philadelphia, PA
- Analysis: If you haven’t been watching Maryland this season, the Terrapins are lighting up the scoreboard, averaging 71 points in two games. Despite these huge numbers, they’re only 7 point favorites over the hometown Temple Owls.
#22 Boise State vs. Portland State
- Spread: BSU -31.5
- Over/Under: 54
- Odds: BSU 98.69%, PSU 1.31%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 10:15 pm ET on ESPN2
- Location: Albertsons Stadium ‒ Boise, ID
- Analysis: Boise State shocked Florida State in Week 1 then barely squeaked by Marshall 14-7 last week. Now the Broncos will take on Portland State this Saturday. BSU is favored by 31.5 points over the FCS Vikings.
#23 Washington vs Hawaii
- Spread: UW -21.5
- Over/Under: 59
- Odds: UW 92.79%, UH 7.21%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:30 pm ET on Pac 12 Network
- Location: Husky Stadium ‒ Seattle, WA
- Analysis: Washington lost to an unranked Cal team 20-19 last week. Now they must battle the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors in Seattle. Despite their menacing mascot name, Hawai’i is a 21.5 point underdog against the Huskies.
#24 USC vs. BYU
- Spread: USC -5
- Over/Under: 55.5
- Odds: USC 63.89%, BYU 36.11%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 3:30 pm ET on ABC
- Location: LaVell Edwards Stadium ‒ Provo, UT
- Analysis: USC has only played other California teams to start 2019, beating Fresno State and Stanford so far this season. The Trojans now travel to Utah to take on BYU, the team that just defeated the SEC’s Tennessee 29-26 in OT last week. USC is only favored by 5 points, so an upset could be in the works for BYU.
#25 Virginia vs. Florida State
- Spread: UVA -7.5
- Over/Under: 56
- Odds: UVA 72.14%, FSU 27.86%
- Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 at 7:30 pm ET on ACC Network
- Location: Scott Stadium ‒ Charlottesville, VA
- Analysis: Florida State nearly lost to Louisiana-Monroe last week in overtime. Now as they take on Virginia, head coach Willie Taggart’s job hangs in the balance. Virginia is a 7.5 point favorite, so the Seminoles have some hope, even if the Cavaliers are averaging 41 points in 2019.