Connect with us


AFC, NFC Championship odds: Chiefs, 49ers favored to advance to Super Bowl 54


Four teams remain in the NFL playoffs, but after the conference championships are played this Sunday, only two of them will their talents down to South Beach to play in Super Bowl 54 on February 2, 2020.

The NFL playoff betting odds favor the Kansas City Chiefs over the Tenessee Titans in the AFC championship and the San Fransisco 49ers winning against the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship.

2020 NFL Playoff and Super Bowl 54 betting lines and odds are from BetOnline Sportsbook. To learn how to place wagers on the NFL, both legally and responsibly, check out our Legal NFL Betting Guide.

2020 NFL Playoff Odds: Conference Championship

AFC Championship Betting Odds: Titans-Chiefs

  • Point Spread: Chiefs -7.5
  • Money Line: Chiefs -350, Titans +280
  • Over/Under: 53.0 Total Points
  • Kickoff: 3:05 PM ET on Sunday, January 19
  • Channel: CBS
  • Location: Arrowhead Stadium – Kansas City, MO

The first game of the conference championship weekend pits the Cardiac Chiefs and the Remember the Tannehill Titans against each other.

The Chiefs look to be closing as a 7.5-point favorite over the Titans. When converted to a true probability, the money line indicates Kansas City has 75.75% to win the AFC championship while the Titans have a 24.25% to pull off a third straight upset. The over/under has been set at a modest 53.0 total points from both teams.

After being down 24-0 midway through the second quarter in the divisional round, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs offense ripped the Houston Texans a new one, outscoring them 51-7 the rest of the way.

For the Titans, Derrick Henry has come into this postseason like football’s version of a wrecking ball, rushing for a combined 377 yards in the road upsets over the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots and this season’s Super Bowl favorite Baltimore Ravens.

NFC Championship Betting Odds: Packers-49ers

  • Point Spread: 49ers -7.5
  • Money Line: 49ers -350, Packers +280
  • Over/Under: 46.5 Total Points
  • Kickoff: 6:40 PM ET on Sunday, January 19
  • Channel: FOX
  • Location: Levi’s Stadium – Santa Clara, CA

The nightcap matchup for the NFC title game features the top two seeds from the conference, and the betting line is eerily similar to the AFC championship.

Like the Chiefs over the Titans, the 49ers are also a 7.5-point favorite to beat the Packers at home. The money line is also identical, with oddsmakers giving the 49ers a 75.75% chance to win and the Packers a 24.25% to pull off the road upset. However, this game is expected to see far fewer points put up on the scoreboard, with the over/under set at 46.5 total points.

While the AFC has been filled with thrilling football drama, the 49ers and Packers road here has been closer to how things were expected to play out on paper.

The 49ers defense engulfed the Minnesota Vikings last Sunday and gave up only 147 total yards on their way to a 27-10 win. For the Packers, Aaron Rodgers and the offense got off to a fast start, leading by 18 points midway through the third quarter, and managed to hang on for the 28-23 home victory over the Seattle Seahawks.

NFL Super Bowl Odds 2020

  • Kansas City Chiefs +130
  • San Francisco 49ers +170
  • Green Bay Packers +750
  • Tennessee Titans +750

Heading into the two conference championship matchups this weekend, the 2020 Super Bowl betting odds show the Chiefs as the favorite out of the four remaining teams.

At +130 ($100 bet wins $130), and after removing the juice from the sportsbook, the odds show the Chiefs have a 41.8% true probability of winning the Super Bowl. The 49ers aren’t far behind at +170 ($100 bet wins $170) and are given a 35.6% chance of winning it all.

The Titans and Packers are clear underdogs to hoist the Lombardi Trophy before AFC and NFC title games are played. Both teams are listed at +750 ($100 bet wins $750), and when converted to a true probability, we can see the Titans and the Packers each have an 11.3% chance to win it all

Early Super Bowl 54 Betting Lines

In addition to the betting lines for the conference championship games and the odds to win Super Bowl 54, the BetOnline oddsmakers have also put out early betting lines on all the potential matchups.

Currently, the winner of the AFC title game is a 2.5-point favorite over the NFC champion, and the over/under is set at 50.5 total points. The early AFC-NFC betting line is eligible for action right now since it’s essentially an average spread and total of the four possible matchups for the Super Bowl.

About the betting lines on the four potential matchups: any money wagered on their spread or over/under right now is only locked in if those specific teams advance to the Super Bowl. If a matchup doesn’t take place, then all money is refunded in full.

Chiefs-49ers is the most likely to occur, and oddsmakers have made the Chiefs a 2-point favorite and set the over/under at 53.5 total points. For Packers-Chiefs, the Chiefs would open as a 5.5-point favorite, and the game is projected to have an over/under of 54.5 total points.

If a low-scoring affair is what you prefer, then the Titans are who you want to advance to the Super Bowl. The over/under is set at 45.0 total points against both the 49ers and the Packers. However, both teams are favored over the Titans, with the 49ers projected as a 4.5-point favorite and the Packers potentially opening as a 1.5-point for their possible Super Bowl 54 matchups.

NFC champion vs. AFC champion

  • Point Spread: AFC -2.5
  • Over/Under: 50.5 Total Points

49ers vs. Chiefs

  • Point Spread: Chiefs -2.0
  • Over/Under: 53.5 Total Points

Packers vs. Chiefs

  • Point Spread: Chiefs -5.5
  • Over/Under: 54.5 Total Points

49ers vs. Titans

  • Point Spread: 49ers -4.5
  • Over/Under: 45.0 Total Points

Packers vs. Titans

  • Point Spread: Packers -1.5
  • Over/Under: 45.0 Total Points

More in Sports