Today at 1:05 EST, the opening pitch of the 2023 Major League Baseball will be thrown across home plate, beginning a seven-month stretch of MLB action.
The Houston Astros were the 2022 World Series champions, and the preseason futures odds for MLB betting suggest they are poised to repeat. The Los Angeles Dodgers are leading the odds in the National League, with the Atlanta Braces trailing closely behind.
|MLB 2023 American League Winner
||MLB 2023 National League Winner
Current odds for MLB Playoff betting suggest that the teams that qualify for the postseason and the superlative winners will be as follows:
- AL East Winner: New York Yankees (+125)
- AL Central Winner: Cleveland Guardians (+130)
- AL West Winner: Houston Astros (-200)
- AL Wild Card Teams: Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Rays
- AL Cy Young: Jacob Degrom +570
- AL MVP: Shohei Ohtani +189
- NL East Winner: Atlanta Braves (+105)
- NL Central Winner: St. Louis Cardinals (-140)
- NL West Winner: Los Angeles Dodgers (-125)
- NL Wild Card Teams: New York Mets, San Diego Padres, Philadelphia Phillies
- NL Cy Young: Sany Alcantara
- NL MVP: Juan Soto +780
While online World Series sportsbooks tend to focus on team and player successes, there are also some preseason MLB prop bets that project failure.
The following prop is taking action on the first manager in Major League Baseball to get fired in 2023,
First MLB Manager Fired In 2023
- Dave Martinez (Nationals) +500
- Derek Shelton (Pirates) +600
- A.J. Hinch (Tigers) +700
- David Bell (Reds) +700
- Brandon Hyde (Orioles) +900
- Phil Nevin (Angels) +900
Leading the odds for the first coach to get the ax is Dave Martinez of the Washington Nationals. DC finished with a record of 55-107 in 2022, 46 games behind the National League East-leading Atlanta Braves.
Even though Martinez holds the lead and seems positioned for an early season termination, his odds will deliver 5-to-1 payouts to those brave enough to place a bet on him.
Derek Shelton of the Pittsburgh Pirates is also on the hot seat after finishing 62-100 last year, which was the same record achieved by Cincinnati Reds manager David Bell who is currently tied for third place.
Who Will Win The 2023 World Series?
Although the Dodgers and Astros top the MLB futures on opening day, we’ve got a hunch that the Atlanta Braves will return to their championship form from 2021. Current odds on the Braves to win are set at +750 which will deliver healthy payouts if wagers are placed today.
Just remember, MLB futures won’t pay out for several months so have patience and good luck!
2023 Major League Baseball Betting Odds Provided By Bovada, MyBookie, and BetOnline