- The 80th Golden Globes Awards Begin This Evening At 8 PM On NBC
- The 2023 Golden Globes Will Be Hosted By Jerrod Carmichael
The Whale’s Brendan Fraser was leading the Golden Globes odds for best actor in a drama film, but in the past few weeks since lines debuted, he’s been surpassed by Austin Butler, who played the titular role in 2022’s Elvis.
Two weeks ago, Fraser appeared to be the favorite to win the Golden Globe for best actor with a -135 moneyline. On the day of the ceremony, Butler has become a massive favorite and is now 500 points ahead of Fraser in the moneyline odds to win.
Best Actor: Drama
- Austin Butler – Elvis Presley -400
- Brendan Fraser – The Whale +300
- Bill Nighy – Living +1200
- Jeremy Pope – The Inspection +2000
- Hugh Jackman – The Son +2200
The initial lines at Golden Globes betting sites are based on the calculations of the oddsmakers using their own unique formula. After the betting lines are posted, the moneyline odds are impacted by the number of wagers that are placed on each outcome.
Simply stated, entertainment bettors must have laid plenty of action on Austin Butler’s odds in order to create such a sudden and massive chasm between him and Fraser, who still appears to be a lock to win the Academy Award for best actor.
One element that we always look out for when betting on any awards show at legal entertainment sportsbooks is the potential for a single film to sweep the evening.
Everything Everywhere All At Once is a film that has a legitimate chance of sweeping the 2023 Golden Globes and includes underdog winners that allow for high profit margins.
Michelle Yeoh’s -400 odds of winning the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical places her 600 points ahead of Margo Robbie of Babylon.
Best Actress: Musical or Comedy
- Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All At Once -400
- Margot Robbie – Babylon +400
- Emma Thompson – Good Luck To You, Leo Grande +1200
- Lesley Manville – Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris +1200
- Anya Taylor-Joy – The Menu +2000
The film is also leading the current odds to win best supporting actor and actress and best musician or comedy film of the year.
Best Supporting Actor
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All At Once -500
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees Of Inisherin +450
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1000
- Brad Pitt – Babylon +1500
- Eddie Redmayne – The Good Nurse +1500
Best Supporting Actress
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All At Once -125
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees Of Inisherin +150
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever +700
- Carey Mulligan – She Said +1400
- Dolly De Leon – Triangle Of Sadness +1400
Best Motion Picture: Musical or Comedy
- Everything Everywhere All At Once -250
- The Banshees Of Inisherin +175
- Babylon +2000
- Triangle Of Sadness +2000
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery +2500
Here are the other categories where Everything Everywhere All At Once is nominated but is not leading the Golden Globe betting odds.
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans -225
- Daniel Kwan And Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All At Once +250
- James Cameron – Avatar: The Way Of Water +800
- Baz Luhrmann – Elvis +1200
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1200
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees Of Inisherin -250
- Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinart – Everything Everywhere All At Once +325
- Steven Spielberg & Tony Kushner – The Fabelmans +800
- Sarah Polley – Women Talking +1000
- Todd Field – Tar +1000
Clearly, the Hollywood Foreign Press enjoyed Everything Everywhere All At Once, showering it with nominations across the board. If a sweep is to occur, the above two prop bets offer the best profit potential.
Wagers of $1 on the film to win best screenplay will earn net gains of $3.25. A one-dollar bet on Everything Everywhere All At Once to win best director honors will net $2.50.