After a one-year absence from broadcast airwaves, the Golden Globes will return to NBC in 2023 and the nominees have already been unveiled.
Unfortunately, Ricky Gervais will not be hosting this year. Instead, comedian Jerrod Carmichael will lead the ceremony. Prior to the beginning of the 2023 Golden Globes on January 10th at 8:00 PM, online gamblers can peruse the odds at entertainment betting sites for insight into winners.
Academy Awards betting odds have been posted for a few weeks even though nominees won’t be released until late January. We mention the Oscars odds because they mirror the Best Actor Golden Globes props in that they both favor The Whale’s Brendan Fraser.
BEST ACTOR IN DRAMA
- Brendan Fraser – The Whale -135
- Austin Butler – Elvis EVEN
- Hugh Jackman – The Son +850
- Bill Nighty – Living +850
- Jeremy Pope – The Inspection +1200
Brendan Frasers odds for betting on the Golden Globes are not as favorable as they are for the Academy Awards. Elvis’ Austin Butler, the actor that played the titular role, is only trailing Fraser by 35 points in the moneyline odds to win. Fraser currently leads the Best Actor Academy Awards odds by 525 points over Colin Farrell for comparison.
Speaking of Colin Farrell, he’s the leader in the odds to win the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy.
BEST ACTOR IN MUSICAL OR COMEDY
- Colin Farrell – The Banshees of Inisherin -450
- Daniel Craig – Glass Onion +375
- Diego Calva – Babylon +650
- Adam Driver – White Noise +1200
- Ralph Fiennes – The Menu +1500
One critique that caused the Globes’ ouster at NBC is a lack of ratial and ethnic diversity amongst its voting members as well as its annual nominations. The Golden Globes Board has added 120 voters since 2021 and with majorities in female and ratially diverse membership.
The following entertainment prop bets for the 2023 Golden Globes feature clear-cut leaders with sizable leads in the moneyline odds.
BEST ACTRESS IN DRAMA
- Cate Blanchett – TAR -250
- Michelle Williams – The Fablemans +250
- Viola Davis – The Woman King +800
- Olivia Colman – Empire of Light +1000
- Ana de Armas – Blonde +1200
BEST ACTRESS IN MUSICAL OR COMEDY
- Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All at Once -400
- Margot Robbie – Babylon +350
- Emma Thompson – Good luck to you, Leo Grande +1000
- Anya-Taylor Joy – The Menu +1200
- Lesley Manville – Mrs. Harris goes to Parris +1200
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans -350
- Daniel Kwan – Everything Everywhere All at Once +325
- James Cameron – Avatar: The Way of the Water +700
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees of Inisherin +850
- Baz Luhrmann – Elvis +1500
BEST DRAMA PICTURE
- The Fabelmans -175
- Top Gun: Maverick +250
- TAR +450
- Elvis +850
- Avatar: The Way of the Water +850
BEST MUSICAL OR COMEDY PICTURE
- Everything Everywhere All at Once -225
- The Banshees of Inisherin +225
- Babylon +800
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery +1000
- Triangle of Sadness +1200
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All at Once -225
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees of Inisherin +325
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees of Inisherin +850
- Brad Pitt – Babylon +1000
- Eddie Redmayne – The Good Nurse +1500
This final Golden Globe prop features a two-dog race between Jamie Lee Curtis and Kerry Condon, both sporting a +135 moneyline.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All at Once +135
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees of Inisherin +135
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever +600
- Dolly de Leon – Triangle of Sadness +850
- Carey Mulligan – She Said +1000
This is Curtis’ eigth Golden Globe nomination and would be her third trophy if she wins on January 10th. Bets of $1 on Jamie Lee Curtis will earn payouts of $2.35 if she bags Golden Globe number three for her performance as Deirdre Beaubeirdre in Everything Eerywhere All At Once.
There’s no need to rush in all at once, however, as these Golden Globe betting lines will remain posted until just before the ceremony on January 10th.
2023 Golden Globe Betting Odds: BetUS