The 2022 Academy Awards nominees were revealed on January 24th, prompting legal entertainment betting sites to create odds for most of the major categories.
We specifically refer to online betting venues because entertainment-based odds are only offered at offshore sportsbooks. State-regulated sportsbooks aren’t prohibited from posting Oscars odds and lines for other awards shows. They’ve simply opted out of the market.
The online Academy Awards betting sites that we rate highly here at SBL create Oscars lines each year as of late.
Here’s our take on each of the main categories.
Best Picture Odds
- Everything Everywhere All At Once -260
- The Banshees Of Inisherin +300
- Top Gun: Maverick +1200
- The Fabelmans +1400
- All Quiet On The Western Front +3300
- TÁR +3300
- Elvis +6600
- Avatar: The Way Of Water +8000
- Triangle Of Sadness +8000
- Women Talking +8000
The odds to win best picture suggest that Everything Everywhere All At Once will win, placing it 560 points ahead of The Banshees Of Inisherin.
We’re always on the lookout for the potential of a film to sweep the Oscars. Michelle Yeoh won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in January and is ranked second to win the Oscar for the same category.
Best Actress Odds
- Cate Blanchett – TÁR -165
- Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All At Once +110
- Andrea Riseborough – To Leslie +1200
- Ana De Armas – Blonde +2500
- Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans +3500
Cate Blanchett is favored with a -165 moneyline, but Yeoh is not too far behind at +110. Could Yeoh usurp Blanchett and begin the sweep for Everything Everywhere All At Once?
Best Director Odds
- Daniel Kwan And Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All At Once -160
- Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans +135
- Martin McDonagh – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1400
- Todd Field – Tár +1400
- Ruben Ostlund – Triangle Of Sadness +5000
Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert are favored to win the Academy Award for Best Director(s). Here again, the margin is slim, with only a 95 point lead over The Fabelmans’ Steven Spielberg.
Best Supporting Actor Odds
- Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All At Once -1500
- Brendan Gleeson – The Banshees Of Inisherin +550
- Barry Keoghan – The Banshees Of Inisherin +1000
- Judd Hirsch – The Fabelmans +2500
- Brian Tyree Henry – Causeway +3300
The most commanding odds on the board for Everything Everywhere All At Once are for Key Huy Quan to win Best Supporting Actor. His -1500 moneyline converts to a 94% chance of success.
Best Supporting Actress Odds
- Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever -400
- Kerry Condon – The Banshees Of Inisherin +250
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All At Once +1200
- Hong Chau – The Whale +1600
- Stephanie Hsu – Everything Everywhere All At Once +1600
Entertainment prop bets for Best Supporting Actress feature two actors from Everything Everywhere All At Once, Jamie Lee Curtis and Stephanie Hsu.
These Academy Awards odds will pay out handsomely if either Curtis or Hsu wins. 12 or 16-to-1 payouts are on the table if Jamie or Stepanie get caught up in the sweep.
Television coverage for the 2023 Academy Awards will begin at 8:00 PM on March 12th on ABC. These 2023 Oscars odds will remain on the boards until that time and may take action throughout the ceremony.
2023 Academy Awards Nominees: Oscars.com
Oscars Betting Odds: Bovada Sportsbook