No, it’s not one of the ghosts; it’s Pac-Man.
Manny Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs), the 40-year-old boxer, retired professional basketball player, and Philippines senator will take on Keith Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs) for the WBA world welterweight championship at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas tomorrow night at 9 p.m. ET.
It’s worth noting Thurman opened as the favorite as Las Vegas and online sportsbooks with odds at approximately -140 to -150 while Pacquiao was listed in the neighborhood of +120.
However, most of the public money has been placed on Pac-Man since, and according to MyBookie, Pacquiao (-160) is now favored over Thurman (+140).
WBA World Welterweight Champion
- Keith Thurman +140
- Manny Pacquiao -160
Pacquiao last fought in January 2019, beating Adrian Boner by unanimous-decision. This upcoming match will be Pacquiao’s 71st career fight.
Although he isn’t receiving the attention he did for his bout versus Floyd Mayweather in 2015, or any fight prior to that, Pac-Man is training just as hard as before.
“He’s a little more lethal,” strength and conditioning coach Justin Fortune says. “He sees a little more and picks his shots.”
The lesser-known Thurman, 30, is unbeaten throughout his 30 career fights. Recently defeating Josesito Lopez by majority decision after a two-year injury hiatus, Thurman is confident he is going to win Saturday.
“[Pacquiao] is a legend; he will always be remembered in the sport. But I’m going to do to Manny Pacquiao what he did to Oscar De La Hoya.”
Thurman is so confident he’ll win that he even told TMZ he plans to bet $10,000 per round on himself to knockout Pacquiao within the first three rounds.
Aside from the overall outcome, bettors can place wagers on prop bets for the fight. MyBookie favors this fight going the distance and lasting through all 12 rounds.
Will the fight go the distance?
- Yes -300
- No +225
For bettors that want even more odds on when the fight will end, MyBookie is taking action on the individual rounds. Of course, going the distance is still favored.
What round will the fight end in?
- Round 1 +3300
- Round 2 +2800
- Round 3 +2200
- Round 4 +2000
- Round 5 +1800
- Round 6 +1800
- Round 7 +1800
- Round 8 +1800
- Round 9 +2000
- Round 10 +2200
- Round 11 +2800
- Round 12 +3300
- To go the distance -335
It is not likely this match will end in a draw (+1600). Pacquiao has the best odds to win the bout by decision at +135. However, odds favor Thurman winning by decision (+185) over Pacquiao winning by a knockout (+450).
How will the fight end?
- Keith Thurman by KO, TKO or DQ +500
- Keith Thurman by decision +185
- Manny Pacquiao by KO, TKO or DQ +450
- Manny Pacquiao by decision +135
- Draw +1600
All other prop bets are featured below and focus on when the match will end and who will be the winner.
The fight is only available through pay-per-view in the United States. To catch the matchup, Fox Sports and Fite TV will offer the fight for $74.99 plus tax.
Who wins and in which round?
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 1 +5000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 2 +5000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 3 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 4 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 5 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 6 +3300
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 7 +3300
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 8 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 9 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 10 +4000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 11 +5000
- Keith Thurman wins in Round 12 +5000
- Keith Thurman wins by decision +185
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 1 +5000
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 2 +4000
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 3 +4000
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 4 +3300
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 5 +3300
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 6 +2800
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 7 +2800
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 8 +3300
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 9 +3300
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 10 +4000
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 11 +4000
- Manny Pacquiao wins in Round 12 +5000
- Manny Pacquiao wins by decision +135
- Draw or technical draw +1600
Round group betting
- Keith Thurman Round 1-3 +2000
- Keith Thurman Round 4-6 +1400
- Keith Thurman Round 7-9 +1400
- Keith Thurman Round 10-12 +2500
- Keith Thurman on points +185
- Manny Pacquiao Round 1-3 +2200
- Manny Pacquiao Round 4-6 +1400
- Manny Pacquiao Round 7-9 +1400
- Manny Pacquiao Round 10-12 +2200
- Manny Pacquiao on points+135
- Draw +1600
When will the fight end?
- Round 1-3 +1200
- Round 4-6 +750
- Round 7-9 +750
- Round 10-12 +1200
- To go the distance -335